Terms of Service and Rules
UKFR FORUM RULES
Please take a few minutes to read these rules, which you must accept if you want to become an active member of our community.
Note: For legal reasons, which currently include stricter laws in this country relating to certain types of fireworks, we are currently only able to accept new members from the UK. Visitors from other countries are of course welcome to continue to browse and read the forum as a guest.
The UKFR forum welcomes:
- Firework enthusiasts whatever your level of experience from complete beginner to experienced pyromaniac.
- Members of the fireworks trade (a 'Professional' forum is provided for your use).
- Any member of the public seeking help or advice about fireworks.
The following people or posts are not welcome here:
- People under 18 years of age. Because this forum allows interaction between members and retailers (who can only sell fireworks to customers aged 18 or older) we do not allow registration by anyone under 18. It's nothing personal.
- Spammers. We do not allow spam in these forums.
- People who don't like fireworks. UKFR and its members respect your right to have your say. However, this is a pro-fireworks website and forum. If you don't like fireworks and want to have a rant, or want to debate the legality of fireworks, do it somewhere else. Anti-fireworks posts will be deleted.
- Taking apart fireworks, making your own fireworks or "making your own gunpowder" etc. by members of the public.
- Any activity or content illegal under UK law, whether related to fireworks or not.
- Posts that in any way suggest the use of non-fireworks explosive devices or any such activities will be reported to the Police along with your IP address.
- Undercover reporters or any other individual attempting to source illegal fireworks or entice other members to break the law are strictly forbidden from using this forum. We have a robust policy against the use of illegal fireworks and will report such matters to the Police.
- Abuse or flames of any kind will not be tolerated.
- Any other posting we consider to be unacceptable.
Profile pictures, visitor messages, galleries etc: The forum provides a number of additional facilities for members including a profile page in which you can enter more information about yourself including a profile picture which then also becomes your avatar (the image appearing next to your posts). We encourage the uploading of your own profile picture and company logos are permitted providing you have permission to use them, but images must not contain URLs, phone numbers or other advertisements. The use of ANY of these facilities to spam the forum by non-advertisers is forbidden.
Usernames: Usernames must not include words or phrases that are considered offensive, rude or anti-fireworks. Members using company names MUST have rights and permission to do so. URLs (web addresses) and email addresses are not permitted as usernames on this forum since they could constitute indirect adverts or plugs. Usernames should not contain all capital letters unless it is relevant to the name (eg. an abbreviation). We reserve the right to change or delete usernames which we deem unacceptable.
Email addresses: A valid email address is required to complete your registration. Members are expected to keep their registered email address up to date. In the event of bounced email notifications from the forum to non-active email accounts, we will place your account into a state that requires the adding and verification of a new email before you can continue to use the forum. We may also suspend your access in the event of continual bounced emails.
Signatures: In order to concentrate on good quality content, this forum is signature free. The manual adding of signatures to forum posts is forbidden.
We reserve the right to refuse membership to this forum. This can include individuals or companies who have previously broken our forum rules, required moderation, caused problems for other users, retailers who have posted spam, people who have infringed our copyright and so on. Our decision is final.
If you breach these rules, the site owner or appointed moderators may at their discretion do one or more of the following:
- Remove, edit or close your posts.
- Ban you from using this forum any further.
- Refer the matter to the Police.
- The decision of the site owner and any appointed moderators is final and we reserve the right to edit or delete any post, for any reason, with no notice, as we see fit.
Although the forum is moderated, we cannot always guarantee to notice an unacceptable posting. We would ask for members cooperation in notifying us of any posting that they feel is not acceptable.
In posting in this forum, you understand that your posts become a permanent part of the forum. We do not remove content on request, nor do we grant members the rights to edit, amend or delete their own posts beyond a courtesy edit period for the purposes of spell correction. Members are therefore advised to ensure they are happy before posting and to stress that at all times members will be accountable for content they post in this forum. We do not remove or delete accounts on request, in the event you no longer wish to use the forum simply log out.
Statement on cookies and their use:
- We do not place or track cookies ourselves, the only cookies in use are those placed by third party software such as the forum and any advertisers using cookies.
- When you register and log in, a cookie is used by the forum to ensure you remain logged in when moving from page to page. The cookie is only used for purposes essential to your time online and logged in.
ENJOY the forum. Members can sometimes disagree or fall out, and debate can become heated. This is going to happen and we support and encourage debate and interaction between members. But be friendly about it. Flame wars and/or forum abuse, or commercial trade abuse, isn't nice for us, other members or the fireworks scene.
Have fun and post loads.
Pyro Pete, site owner and Editor.