Are these the currect contents ?

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by standard steve, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Looks good to me .. Lol

standard steve likes this.
  2. malta pyro

malta pyro Supports UKFR

Anything of interest?

Attached Files:

Method, Charlie, Sparkler and 4 others like this.
  3. Interesting, that standard 4 burst shell is like some of the ones currently still in production in the Mediterranean countries, never knew standard produced ones like this, wonder if they did actually produce certain items in the design of certain countries especially for their market.

4. Wow that Standard repeater shell is really interesting. I had heard that they made these but I've never seen one and never expected to. Just amazing what comes up here! Any idea when this was produced? Many thanks for posting. Chris

5. Amazing whats still out there thats resurfacing, makes me wonder what next, never knew standard made this type of shell, judging by the standard logo, it looks like it could be pre BS era.

6. Any chance of a few more pics of the Standard repeater shell? Many thanks.

7. Charlie

Charlie Pro Firer/Crew

Interesting on the maroon that it has a positive and negative on the instructions?

8. malta pyro

malta pyro Supports UKFR

Another

Attached Files:

Method, Jamie Thornton and fozzboy like this.
  9. Blimey, how old is that standard maroon shell, love the design, seen some later ones from the 70s/80s, guessing that one must be 50s/60s?.

10. Richard Lane

Richard Lane Supports UKFR

I think that maroon is early 1960's ....string wound and red 'wax' lacquer sealed and comes from an Aeriel display case of the type that Standard used to market to show organisers,Bonfire societies and the like.Note the instructions to use a 3" paper mortar...definitely for public use!;)

11. I remember buying a a Standard maroon in the mid-eighties from a shop in central Manchester. Aside from the fuse, it was pretty much the same as the one in the picture above.

12. Thanks guys, very interesting, love this forum, yes, I've already mentioned a thousand times before lol, standard didn't change their designs for decades which makes it hard to date some items but yeah, you can tell by the descriptions on the shell and the finish that its relatively early, unfortunately I'm one of the unlucky ones who never got to fire any of the shells as the nanny state banned them by the time I was just old enough to earn decent money, so feel an whole generation as missed out really on the good old stuff, the same with bangers and the like which is a shame really.

13. The Standard maroons as sold to the public were the old fashioned black powder type. The report was relatively low key and there was no flash in the sky. Just a cluster of dull sparks. They are nice to look at though.

Pyro Ed likes this.
  14. Yes, barely no flash powder in the old British stuff, yes very nice to look at the colourful artworks and the designs, those standard rockets are what you call proper rockets, just how rockets should look, also the old UK pyro held its own in terms of effects, for example the animated (glitter effect), something you don't see these days.

15. Richard Lane

Richard Lane Supports UKFR

IMG_2484.JPG Jamie I agree absolutely re the paper designs of vintage British ..English..Pyro.Interestingly the Standard Rockets...recently posted have very little artwork as such...they are simple excellent shapes,combined with beautiful plain colours..the only details are the striped bands and the labels.

Method, Sufjan1986 and Sparkler like this.
  16. Absolutely Richard, those rockets are very beautifully made, yes the larger standard rocket had little in the way of artwork but the colours were are stunning, todays fireworks labels etc have no characteristics, love the quality and the enthusiasm that went into the old pyro, nothing like it nowadays.

17. whats happened to my lion bar ? lol

18. TONYB

TONYB Supports UKFR

you've eaten it :popcorn2: