1. Charlie

Charlie Pro Firer/Crew

just saw Mr Bean 'Do It Yourself' on ITV4 and it still makes me laugh Now those that know bean know this is the one where he puts a firework in a pot of paint to paint his apartment but what were the bangers he rejected because they were to small and threw away?

Pyromania likes this.
  2. Pyromania

Pyromania Pro Firer/Crew

:D I just watched that too, what a classic! :D

I'm not sure what the bangers were he discarded, but the box he took them from looked like an Astra selection box. One things for sure, the banger he used to blow the paint can wasn't ever in any selection boxes - and certainly not with 18" of P.I.C attached to it!

3. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Just took a look on youtube......
    Definately an Astra size V box, pretty sure second firework he discarded was a Standard Highball, hard to tell but it is what came to my mind, see pic below...... one he chose was a prop mans idea of what he thought would look crazy enough.......... no relation to any firework I've ever seen...... usual see what the props dept. has kicking around or what thy can hire in.......
    standard highball436.jpg

Jamie Thornton likes this.
  4. gunpowderplot

gunpowderplot Pro Firer/Crew

if you watch some of the earlier fools and horse episodes you can see quite a few astra boxes and standard boxes on show

5. Yes, watched the clip and like kev says, the second firework he throws out definitely looks like the standard purple labeled high ball, like how the big fake firework he uses is rigged with long piece of pic fuse, the box itself was a late 80s Astra box.

6. TONYB

TONYB Supports UKFR

even del boy was into fireworks ..in the first two series there was always standard selection boxes and i think astra boxes in the background near the window
    heres the only pic i could find with the boxes in the background .... luvley jubbly
    8df11bcd-9630-4ea7-820f-09c1f0a8eb83.jpg

7. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

C'mon Tony
    That's your house, not sure who the younger bloke is though, watching your team on a saturday on the tv, pyro piled up around the room.......

8. TONYB

TONYB Supports UKFR

its amazing what old pyro you can find in peckham ....

danielpyronutter likes this.
  9. Whizzbang

Whizzbang Supports UKFR

Spot the Brock's box ! IMG_0922.PNG

Sufjan1986, Pyro Pete and TONYB like this.
  10. TONYB

TONYB Supports UKFR

i know there was some old fireworks on heartbeat that claud greengrass either was selling or lighting ....
    someone else might know which episode it was

11. Ahh yes, surprising how much of the classic pyro was featured in TV programmes, come to mention it Tony about that heartbeat episode with Claudia greengrass remember seeing that, I'm pretty sure they were boxes of old brocks fireworks.

12. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Season 10, Episode 4 Gabriel's Last Stand

13. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

18.41 in.......... Jamie was right, lots of Brocks boxes..........
    31.54 setting to making a rocket......
    34.06 the results

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    Richard Lane, TONYB and Sufjan1986 like this.
  14. Sufjan1986

Sufjan1986 Supports UKFR

Finding pyro on TV....I love this forum....it's soooo me! :)

15. Richard Lane

Richard Lane Supports UKFR

...and at 48.00 ..fired!!!
    I never thought I'd be watching an antique TV prog ..teasing out all the pyro bits...gawd help me...but like the rest of us ...we're all hooked!!o_O:rolleyes::confused::D

16. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Exactly what I was thinking as I was scrolling through dozens of episodes of Heartbeat............. what has life come to........ ?

17. My favourite pyro on TV.... :)

Charlie likes this.
  18. Charlie

Charlie Pro Firer/Crew

I hadn't actually seen that episode @hofnerite , I'm crying over here........

19. It's a good one! episode is called 'Terror'. I thought I'd seen them all until I got the box set. :D

20. Richard Lane

Richard Lane Supports UKFR

So sad 'Wrick' Mayall snuffed it.....never forget his first entry in The Young Ones..as Viv bursting thought the wall with a news paper wrapped leg. ..which he then proceeded to eat!!!....a sadly missed comic genius.

hofnerite likes this.