Bengal Matches

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by XiuhcoatlWesley, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Well not really fireworks, but I was gifted these some time ago.. I see a post or two with the odd box on, I've already used 3 or 4 boxes and thought nothing of it- I didn't realise they were of yesteryear, but hey - Thats what they we're made for right? Theres still plenty to go at.. ^^
    DSCF4333.jpg
  2. Firefiend Member

Bengal Matches

A few other nice old examples. Shame they disappeared........

Attached Files:

TerenceFawkes likes this.
  3. Blue devil Member

It'd be great to see bengal matches come back onto the shelves. They're not a banned firework, so why can't they be put back into production?
  4. Firefiend Member

It would be great. Octavius Hunt used to produce them up to a few years ago but even they have stopped now.
  5. Blue devil Member

6. Pyro Pete UKFR Editor

7. pyro plim Pro Firer/Crew

What was the deal with" bengal matches should never be kept with fireworks" which used to be on some brochures guys? Was it a chemical thing??
  8. Blue devil Member

I guess it could be something to do with a general safety caution to prevent minors finding the easy way to start a fire thus causing a potential disaster. I doubt that it'd be something chemical.
    pyro plim likes this.
  9. I would love to have a box for my private collection, are you up for selling a box?

Sad thing is I remember them more the the fireworks from my childhood, - the early to mid 1960's

They could go with my Jumping Jacks, Mini Rockets and other toys.
  10. ninelivecat Member

11. geoff Member

They often appear on Ebay.
  12. ninelivecat Member

I just contacted that German company and they are unable to ship out of Germany unless it's in a large quantity to a registered firework company.
  13. Blue devil Member

Then maybe some of the sponsor firework retailers on here could buy some in bulk so that we can purchase off them :D
  14. Wow. So sorry about this G-Force, Really I am! I had a lot of issues with my tech in general back just after I made this and I never even saw that anyone had posted replies to me here.. So a message long overdue by well over a year now; Did you ever manage to pick up any of these at all?