Cosmic Fireworks

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by TONYB, Aug 24, 2014.

1. There's another candle called 'Swarming Hornets On Heat' but never found one of those.

2. Yes great name!

3. 'Water Buffalo With Abundant Thunderwind' was another good one!
    'Whistling Blue Ass Flies', 'Happy Monk Jumps Over The Wall', 'Three Horny Devils Making Mischief', it goes on. Someone had fun in the naming department!

4. 2000/01, Star Shells. These early ones were super powerful, they toned them down in later years. Really heavy solid candles, 4 shots each. image.jpeg image.jpeg

5. Not Cosmic but I didn't really know where else to put this. Cosmic did put Esco fireworks in their early boxes though. This is a German made Union Jack rocket producing presumably a red white & blue effect. Remember finding one of these spent in our front garden in about 1990 (I was 6!) image.jpeg image.jpeg

6. I had a few of those Union Jack rockets when Esco sold them.

7. Were they just a red white & blue burst then Peter?

8. Yes,a burst of glittering red,white and blue stars.

9. Flash powder or black powder?

10. As far as i remember they were black powder,not a loud bang on bursting.

11. Some photos of early Cosmic boxes copied from an old thread. These boxes mainly contained Esco & Red Lantern fireworks. Cosmic didn't get round to putting their own labels on things for a few years. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    These aren't mine sadly but interesting nonetheless.

12. Another one 'from the archives', here's a 1998/9 Cosmic Universe box. I'm currently finishing off this boxes big brother, the Voyager, which is twice the size. Would still love a Universe box though! image.jpeg image.jpeg

13. abigman

abigman Pro Firer/Crew

^ was mine :)

Fired it ! Was great

JayT likes this.
  14. The only items I don't have from that Universe are the Space Aliens & Meteorite cakes and the outer box itself. Hoping an empty box will turn up one day, they made Universe boxes for about 8 years so there must be a couple out there somewhere.

15. abigman

abigman Pro Firer/Crew

That one came from Star Fireworks in Bracknell - am afraid the box went on the bonfire that year.

16. Yes Star Fireworks used to be probably the premier Cosmic dealer in the country until the original company went to pot.

17. TONYB

TONYB Supports UKFR

a few more rockets
    WP_20160206_026.jpg IMG_1488.JPG WP_20160206_031.jpg WP_20151027_017.jpg WP_20160201_028.jpg WP_20160206_039.jpg

18. Don't suppose you could show the effects on the NG rockets please Tony?

19. TONYB

TONYB Supports UKFR

i only have these pics of side numbers ...if i remember correctly i think the description of effects are at the top of the yellow description labels
    i will check next time i get them out of storage
    WP_20160206_042.jpg
    WP_20160201_029.jpg

20. Great thanks. It's mainly the larger size in the photo is like to know the effects of, remember having some and they were great. Would like to get a few for the collection.