Cosmic Fireworks

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by TONYB, Aug 24, 2014.

1. i think i have a barrage box left of these ,cakes ,fountains,roman candles and a set of 6 NG rockets in them,have to see where i put them

2. image.jpeg
    Do any Golden Lion fans know what the large candle laid on its side in the middle of this photograph is? Never seen it before and it's not in any of the brochures I have. Suspect it's a 1998 only special (not in 97 or 99 catalogues, don't have the 98 one).
    Poor photo but it's a scan I assume, pre digital.

3. Big Cosmic & Golden Lion boxes. The Voyager cost £150 in 1998, the Explorer £100 in 1999 and the Lion box £85 in around 2005 (must have been an early packed box as contains many old stock items). Sorry for the photo quality, storage is dimly lit and my phone camera is full of dust, I will get some better photos one day when I have more time. The Voyager box is missing a couple of cakes, Star Blitz Blazer/Barrage, Space Alien & Meteorite but they have eluded me so far! image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Just need to find the Cosmic Universe & Apollo boxes now, they must be out there somewhere! Anyone? Please....

4. danielpyronutter

danielpyronutter Supports UKFR

Very very nice joss

5. Air Bomb King

Air Bomb King Lord Of Noise

Great thread. Thought I'd share some of my Cosmic (and umbrella brand) items.

Attached Files:

6. Air Bomb King

7. Earliest type of Bat Out Of Hell rocket IMG_6609.JPG

Damonfdk and TONYB like this.
  8. Old Midas (Astra) salute cake IMG_6610.JPG

Sparkler likes this.
  9. Air Bomb King

Interesting ... Didn't know the early ones came with a cone top. The latest ones (or at least I think they were the latest ones) did too.

10. Still got a pack of the Genesis Candles,the one with 4 in.

11. Some mixed brands in there :)

Attached Files:

JayT and TONYB like this.
  12. Yeah started as cones, then flat tops until 02 then back to cones.

13. TONYB

TONYB Supports UKFR

some more golden lion and cosmic
    IMG_1488.JPG

IMG_2593.JPG IMG_2597.JPG

14. I had a Three Blind Mice but the top paper was ripped so I fired it. It sort of worked but was a bit rubbish! Nice idea though

15. my favourite was the cosmic mega air bombs ,great stuff . i fired three mild mice before not very good .

TONYB and Air Bomb King like this.
  16. Air Bomb King

Agreed on both counts. As daft as it may sound, I can't remember 100% whether I've used a three blind mice in person or whether it was a video I saw, (I fire that much I forget sometimes, ha!) but it didn't seem very good, I'm not sure anyone who didn't know what it was would grasp the tune it was trying to whistle. Wish I could get my hands on more Mega Air Bombs though ... Only got one left for next season.

17. TONYB

TONYB Supports UKFR

you should of tried three blind mice it was much better :p

danielpyronutter likes this.
  18. Several of my videos from the last few years show Three Blind Mice in action,it made me laugh anyway!,does anyone remember a small fountain imported by Esco called "The Sound of Music",it looked like a small rank of organ pipes,each one supposedly playing each note of the musical scale in ascending order,the lowest note first,the first 5 were o.k. but the last two tubes were so small nothing happened!

19. danielpyronutter

danielpyronutter Supports UKFR

That's looks pukka good duration