Could it be a sign of things to come

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by Escht, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Standard Fireworks.jpg

Late last night I received this photo from same guy I had the suitcase of fireworks from.......... saw it on my phone first and honestly thought he had found a fantastic wooden sign........... this morning I noticed the bricks...and before anyone says am I going to dismantle it........... unfortunately the building has been demolished some time ago...........

2. PyroBoris

PyroBoris Pro Firer/Crew

That's a great sign! Shame it couldn't be salvaged, I'd have gladly had it as part of my garage or house!

Now where does one go for smallwares these days?

3. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Had I seen it or known about it I would have at least tried to salvage it............. after all its only lego with mortaf in between........

4. Richard Lane

Richard Lane Supports UKFR

Lovely Stuff Kev...do you know where it is..?...and it makes you realise how the Wholesale market fitted into the pyro scene of yesteryear ....love the Standard symbol...absolutely fantastic.....

5. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

I was told Hopes Carr Stockport, but demolished some years ago........... I would have loved to have been able to buy that wall, dismantle it and save it.... has been done on US Airbases to rescue wartime pin-up art,

6. Richard Lane

Richard Lane Supports UKFR

...me too..

7. Lovely piece of history, shame it couldn't have been salvaged, just shows how big the British fireworks industry was.