Finally up and running.

Discussion in 'Professional Fireworks' started by Sean Smythe, Apr 12, 2018.

1. In November 2017 I decided to make a go of it and start my own display company. After much paperwork and chopping and changing I can finally say we are officially up and running as The Art of Sparks with our first show in 2 weeks. Many thanks to Karl @Illusion Fireworks for the help and advice and mentoring . The Illusion family will always have my full support and welfare's cooking :):):).

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  2. Dynamite Fireworks

Dynamite Fireworks Pro Firer/Crew

Good luck Sean!

Similar to you we took the plunge this year..

There is sooo many people out in this field who will naturally offer support, guidance and help. Although hard to initially get going with the copious amount of time, paperwork, logistics and money I so far have not wished otherwise.

Although that not saying the same for the wife! haha

Cheers
    Tim

Pyromania, Sean Smythe and Jon like this.
  3. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete UKFR Editor

Well done Sean, good luck with it.

Sean Smythe likes this.
  4. Pyromania

Pyromania Pro Firer/Crew

Good luck Sean, I’m sure you won’t regret it! Hard work, but extremely satisfying to see your own ideas and dreams come to life in the shape of a firework display!

All the best to you, and your new venture. :cool:

Sean Smythe and Fire Monkey Pyro like this.
  5. Charlie

Charlie Pro Firer/Crew

Good luck Sean and don’t forget the only silly question is the one you don’t ask :)

paul s and Sean Smythe like this.
  6. The road is long and winding, taken me three years to start making any money (and then I entered three competitions that have destroyed this years bottom line) but I have no regrets and I am sure you will do just fine too.

07harbere and Sean Smythe like this.
  7. blackbat

blackbat Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

So you're in them to win them :)

8. elmo

elmo Pro Firer/Crew

No point of entering if your not in it to win it :)

Pyromania, Jon and blackbat like this.
  9. blackbat

blackbat Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

I've seen a few Plymouth entries over the years that certainly didn't have that attitude!

10. I am applying the same mentality I apply to everything I do...

11. @Sean Smythe - if you trained with Karl and Illusion I'm sure you'll do just fine and I wish you all the best :)

I guess that mentality will be give it your best? It certainly seems that way as every show I have watched of yours has the wow factor!

12. nice one sean ,all the best mate

Sean Smythe likes this.
  13. Good luck mate I am sure it will be great

14. I hope that little kick start on Saturday helps you on your way a bit more ;)

15. Was nice meeting up welfare was devastated because she had to work.