Fireworks from the past

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by Andy_P, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Escht Member

000_3052.jpg

000_3053.jpg

Will that do ?
  2. pyro plim Pro Firer/Crew

Thank you sir it will very nicely:):D
  3. pyro plim Pro Firer/Crew

THANKS .The apollo kick started many memories..A mate of mine used to be mad on jackpots its all he bought..:D
  4. Escht Member

Unusual Jar......

Goes well with the firework collection.............

bonfire toffee.jpg
  5. pyro plim Pro Firer/Crew

Looks like the old Pain's guy in a way..:)
  6. Escht Member

Any help with the banger collection

Seem to have hit a wall with the collection......I know there are still dozens if not hundreds more to find yet....... anyone got anything for sale or swap that isn't in these pics..... don't forget the previous Standard Banger post from few days ago.

056.jpg

057.jpg

058.jpg

059.jpg

060.jpg

061.jpg

062.jpg

063.jpg
  7. pyro plim Pro Firer/Crew

I will keep my eyes open for you..I Gather your not too far from me;)
  8. Escht Member

About 50 miles !

But distance is never a problem...... thanks for keeping a look out..... only stipulation is they must be British and blue touchpaper type......
    Cheers
  9. JayT Member

Why is one of them in a bottle?!
  10. Mixologist Pro Firer/Crew

lol good eyes only just seen that.

I have a mint box of Wilders bangers if thats any good to you?
  11. pyro plim Pro Firer/Crew

Its a" POP"bottle...:D
  12. Escht Member

No idea, that is how I found it, quite a rare banger in its own right.The bottle is sealed with red wax and looks like it was done a long time ago.
  13. Escht Member

Hi,
    If it contains a banger type not seen in the last pic of my banger pics then definately interested.....
    Many thanks
  14. Shockwave Pyrotechnics Pro Firer/Crew

I have these, don't know if they're in your pics or not because I don't know what they look like as they're still sealed with tape and I don't want to open them if not necessary

Attached Files:

15. Escht Member

I think they are the string type fuzes........ unless anyone knows any different.
    Thanks for the offer though
  16. Pyromania Pro Firer/Crew

Yep, they're definitely visco fuses, I know because I lit hundreds of those in my teenage years, just wish I'd kept at least one packet!! My best mate had a packet left over, and he would never sell them to me, I went up to £30 (and that was about 10 years ago) but he wouldn't budge! Now he can't find them, he wishes he'd taken my money!! :mad:
  17. Andy_P UKFR Moderator

There's a picture of an open box of Standard Cannon bangers in an earlier post.

EDIT: Found it... it was mine! (post #43)
  18. pyro plim Pro Firer/Crew

Has the cosmic broucher turned up Andy P ?
  19. Shockwave Pyrotechnics Pro Firer/Crew

ahh that's what they look like, cheers Andy :D
  20. pyro plim Pro Firer/Crew

Can anyone remember ( BIG CHIEF) brand of fireworks? circa 98 ish .I was lead to belive they were from Wales?.I do remember they were poo.