Fireworks from the past

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by Andy_P, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Night Owl Member

And they were only 1985 with visco:(
  2. Pyromania Pro Firer/Crew

I'd say £50 for 10 old bangers is a pretty good price actually, I've only got a couple of bangers in my collection, and I certainly wouldn't let them go for a fiver a piece!

Do you really think that £5 is expensive for something that nostalgic and collectable, something that will never be made again and will only ever appreciate in value? I certainly don't!
  3. Night Owl Member

As I said they were 1985, to me not that good a buy. I have bangers from that era and no way are they worth £50 per pack.

4. Night Owl Member

Was given the brocks one, not sure what comp was in it.

bangers.jpg
  5. Night Owl Member

Some other nice things:)

Attached Files:

6. Night Owl Member

Better veiw:)

Attached Files:

7. pyro_man Member

Nice Stuff Night Owl :)
  8. Andy_P UKFR Moderator

Nope sorry, I still don't understand at all....

Here's how I see it
    1. If you want to collect old fireworks, what possible pleasure is there in collecting FAKES, which aren't old at all?

2. Aren't you justified in feeling you've been ripped off if you innocently buy something that turns out to be a fake? That's exactly what happens when people start making replicas.

There's obviously no harm in you making your own fakes for your own amusement.... just buy a copy of the 'Firework Art' book, photocopy some pages and wrap them round some cardboard tubes.
    But unless you can assure me they definitely wont end up being sold to some gullible mug like me on eBay at some point in the future, then I'm dead against it.
  9. Night Owl Member

Well andy I'm glad you dont make up the rules around here and dont even DARE suggest I want to copy and sell fakes, dont even go there!!!

10. Mixologist Pro Firer/Crew

I think what is not coming Accross is;

Replicas have been made in the past for fun which is fine. But they have been passed around and then eventually sold. People who have unwittingly bought these from places such as eBay have been stung. These people are angry. You can therefore see why some of us are against replicas whatever their purpose as eventually more often than not they come onto the open market...
  11. Firefiend Member

An unusual Standard Box

Scintilettes

Attached Files:

12. Mixologist Pro Firer/Crew

^so what exactly does this do???! Light one and video??
  13. Firefiend Member

Standard

Sparklers and Diablo Wheel
  14. oldgit Pro Firer/Crew

15. Andy_P UKFR Moderator

I don't think I ever did. :mellow:

However, I guess more people than just me were (let's say) "confused" by your post that said:
    Considering some of your excellent previous posts and pictures, I simply couldn't understand why you would want to waste your time on non-original stuff.

And I *have* unwittingly bought fakes in the past, so I think I'm justified in wanting to see less of them in existence.

Does that not make sense?
  16. PureParty UKFR Sponsor

me thinks Mr Night Owl misread your post Andy, it made sense to me and certainly didn't imply anyone specifically was selling "replicas" :)
  17. Firefiend Member

Scintilettes

Will upload the video later!
  18. Night Owl Member

Andy, I should of introduced myself I suppose before posting, I was advised by a well known respected member here to join so I did just that, I have collected old pyo for about 15 years, my oldest Item is 25 years old, I'm sorry people have sold you fireworks supposing to be real and them being fake, when I posted the original Question my innocence didn't make me think what you though, as selling Pyro is not my thing.

I have had some silly prices quoted to me for old touch paper bangers and thought the only way to ever have some in my collection would be to copy some, these would never be sold on no matter what but may be swapping is the way Forward:)

Stay away from ebay as I do:)

I guess more people than just me were (let's say) "confused" by your post that said:
    Considering some of your excellent previous posts and pictures, I simply couldn't understand why you would want to waste your time on non-original stuff.

And I *have* unwittingly bought fakes in the past, so I think I'm justified in wanting to see less of them in existence.

Does that not make sense?[/QUOTE]
  19. Night Owl Member

Some more Items dug out of the loft

Attached Files:

20. Night Owl Member

loads of rockets but mine are mostly from the 90s

Attached Files: