Lovely Find - Standard Box

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by spectrum, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Richard Lane

Richard Lane Supports UKFR

Hi Kev..that ties almost exactly with what we reckoned ....mid / late 30's.....

2. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Hi Richard
    I would be faitrly certain 1937 as it was a retail advert and if dated on Martins site you can be certain date is correct.......... had those celestial labels been around any earlier they would have appeared on my display boards.
    Might have been designed in 1936 ready for the following season but looks like first public appearance on boxes in 1937.
    Now to work out who the artists was.......... not sure that will ever be known........

3. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Poster supposed to be from 1930's, clearly shows the boxes...........
    standard-poster design.jpg

4. Richard Lane

Richard Lane Supports UKFR

Hi Kev...yep that poster confirms it...incidentally I've just received a very good copy of that one...it would be good to know who was responsible for the art work ...
    Alfred Leeze produced the 'Joys for Boys' Firework ..that we know ..at around the same time..Stan said yesterday that he thought that probably Leeze also designed the classic Firework Guy Fawkes poster ...all around the same time that 'Celestial' box design came out.....mmmm....:confused:....the mystery deepens........

5. thats right kevin, i forgot about the other design on the boxs