Mars Pyrotechnics

Discussion in 'Fireworks Forum Chat And Discussion' started by spitfire, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spitfire Member

2. blackbat Pro Firer/Crew

The phone number on their website (c 2004) seems to be the same as a menswear manufacture in Essex :blink:.
  3. ambientskies Pro Firer/Crew

Yeah, been around for 5 years... Grandad, anyone!

Had a shop in Abridge & sold selection boxes in gun shops etc in that area.

:worms: about powder limits :)
  4. ha ha yes, the 30kg retail item that was GrandDad, that was back in 2004, bloody hell time flies!
  5. blackbat Pro Firer/Crew

NEC?!
  6. ambientskies Pro Firer/Crew

YES INDEED NEC! Had the pleasure of lighting one for Raj (Newsbox)at his first demo night at the Woodman...
  7. not sure it was NEC, might have been gross weight?

Attached Files:

8. blackbat Pro Firer/Crew

Really 30Kg? It doesn't look big enough! Impressive, none the less. Was it any good?
  9. Pyro Pete UKFR Editor

This is a brand as mysterious as the red planet itself, thanks in part to > 10kg cat 3 items as mentioned above. Don't get me wrong, it was great watching a 30kg, 100 shot 30mm cake (Grandad) in action we just couldn't work out how they managed to import and classify cakes of this weight as cat 3.
  10. ambientskies Pro Firer/Crew

Just googled it, got the sound but no clip (Raj & Pete's wicked laughter at the end)
  11. Pyro Pete UKFR Editor

12. I didn't have any scales with me but thats what it said on the side of the box ;) :)
  13. ambientskies Pro Firer/Crew

That must have been Sept 2004, as that was the first time we was unleashed on the field.

How's the thumb nowadays Pete? :blush:
  14. blackbat Pro Firer/Crew

Interesting video (played back fine for me, "nice colours" :D) and a firework guaranteed to piss off the neigbours, I think! It did go on..and on...and on...
  15. meggsy Pro Firer/Crew

Their stuff was really good, they gave us a number of big cakes, when Raj turned up couldn't believe the size of them :eek: 'Goliath' was excellent, I think the name 'Mother of all Airbombs' shows you where they were coming from :D
  16. meggsy Pro Firer/Crew

God I look younger in that picture and have soooo much hair lol :D
  17. Andy_P UKFR Moderator

Thank God for that picture... now I know I was there! :D
    What's the name of that disease where you forget things again.... :huh:
  18. blackbat Pro Firer/Crew

So does Stu :D
  19. sultanbrown Pro Firer/Crew

And I'm holding a pint of Guinness.
    How rare!:cheers:
    I had a pair of the Goliath fan cakes that meggsy mentioned, the video does not do them justice. Excellent cake, and nice and heavy.:D
  20. tvargan Member

30KG NEC would mean it contain 15 times as much Explosive Content as any other Cat 3 firework.

Humm....

Was it 15 times better?? :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.