No Ignition Despite WPS Tiny Continuity Reading

Discussion in 'Firing Systems And Fusing Fireworks' started by EViS, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Jon

Jon Pro Firer/Crew

Just be aware not all PP3s are born equal, different manuacturers differ in spec, so you want one that has a good current source abiity!

2. K9Girl

K9Girl Batteries not included Supports UKFR

Didn’t Energizer Industrial come out top in a test by Easy Pyro?

Jon likes this.
  3. Jon

Jon Pro Firer/Crew

Yes energiser came out on top just after I bulk bought Duracell :mad:

K9Girl likes this.
  4. Here's a helpful resource on using clip igniters: http://remotefiringsystems.com/blog/talon-nonpyrogen-clip-igniters-/

I have used them successfully in the past (several years ago now), but they are much more time consuming if you're doing it "correctly." Rarely have I seen anyone who just clips them on a fuse and lets them hang there have much luck for an actual display. Might be OK for testing, but once you pick up the product and move it, all bets are off unless you've properly secured the clip igniter to the device so that it can't flop around.

5. K9Girl

K9Girl Batteries not included Supports UKFR

Good video, go to 2.10 for what he says about the filament and how not to mess it up :)

Jon and Donnie like this.
  6. Jon

Jon Pro Firer/Crew

Just with any igniter whether it be a professional or talon, always tape it into position and make sure you have taped a good amount of the cable as a strain relief just incase some idiot (normally me) trips over the cable during setup. This prevents it getting ripped off the cake or destroying the thin wire.