Cake/Barrage Proton Bomb Extreme

Discussion in 'Bright Star Fireworks' started by Pyro Pete, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete UKFR Editor

Fired at the Firework Crazy demo night 2013.
    18 shots.
    Cat 3.
    Listed as £20.
    This was louder than most other cakes on the night, it's hard to appreciate this from the video (as the auto audio level compensates to some degree) but the echoes will give you a clue.

2. Another video from the same review night which again doesn't really demonstrate the extra noise from the report shot but another indication is the larger 'point of burst' puff of smoke (visible at 4 seconds below or 5 seconds in Pyro Pete's video) that's twice as big as the shot with the visual effect.

I'd love to see the chaos of four or more of these fired at once :)

3. kamikersie

kamikersie Supports UKFR

Is it just me or is that different to the ones posted above? No double break? o_O

TerenceFawkes likes this.
  4. I picked up one of these the other day from a Bright Star seasonal in Hull for £10. Was very impressed with the loud bangs, could have just done with being longer though, also mine was double burst.

5. This is the CE version of the Proton Bomb Extreme.

Not as good as the original in my opinion...

6. PyroFanaticPhil

PyroFanaticPhil Supports UKFR

That looks terrible, what on earth have they done to it!? A great little noise maker ruined, at least there's Dum Bums...

7. :) that said still plenty of old spec Protons around

8. danielpyronutter

danielpyronutter Supports UKFR

Had 2 old spec recently spot on loved them good clean burst and extremely loud great piece for the price will defo wake the neighbours lol.

9. beeney

beeney Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

just ordered 9 of these, hope there the old spec :-|

10. Out did ya by 1 lol no one likes uneven numbers lol

beeney likes this.
  11. beeney

At the moment, the plan is 9 proton, 6 dumbums 2 king dom packs plus a boot full of celtic from bright sparks mixed with some brother bits ,

Daveandyaz likes this.
  12. Hope your not firing from your boot

beeney likes this.
  13. beeney

that would be interesting out the back of the Volvo! :D, but no. because i may be crewing bfn
    i have decided to bring my display forward to September for my b/day, good enough excuse i think

danielpyronutter likes this.
  14. Had one of these last bonfire night and couldn't fault it. Very loud and sounded like bombs were going off, as the name suggests.

beeney likes this.
  15. Butler_Fireworks

Butler_Fireworks Supports UKFR

16. Old are marked BS7714, new are CE marked with some BS EN number on them :)

Butler_Fireworks likes this.
  17. One goes pop other goes BANG lol:)

danielpyronutter and beeney like this.
  18. Butler_Fireworks

Butler_Fireworks Supports UKFR

I wonder if a asams or yatifs do old or new ones.....? any one know? @Daveandyaz

19. They will be new CE ones ....... From what I understand from Bright star I bought the last of the old spec ones

danielpyronutter likes this.