Single Banger examples of these

Discussion in 'Buying and selling old and collectable fireworks' started by Escht, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Looking to find anyone that can help with just a sigle example of the Bangers seen in these 2 blister packs.
    Casing length of each banger is approx. 70mm. Can be live or empty.......
    they shouldn't be too hard to find....
    Thanks
    Kevin
    IMG_5383.JPG

2. Sufjan1986

Sufjan1986 Supports UKFR

Pretty sure I have some Kevin, I'm going to dig everything out the weekend, so will get back to you asap.

Cheers,
    Chris

3. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Thanks Chris
    I am finding variations on even the basic stuff like 3-2-1-zero , Cannons and BANGER.......... either in size of the Standard Logo or different wording....... I have the white BANGER similar to the one shown in blister pack but it is in the light pink print and not the darker print seen here which I would like to get so that my single can go back into a box to make it complete........
    Example of what I mean below
    Cannon Banger. first glance look the same........ both have the Do not HOLD in the hand message, but one also has Bangers should not be thrown message
    CANNON PAIR021.jpg

3-2-1-zero pair
    Banger with red cap has 3d price and the instruction Remove red cap-light blue touch paper, other has no price marking but does have light blue touch paper . Both carry the message MUST NOT BE HELD IN THE HAND
    321 zero pair PAIR022.jpg

3-2-1-ZERO WHITE.......
    Again at first glance just different ink colour, wording is exactly the same on both bangers, font size on Standard logo and 3-2-1-ZERO is fair bit larger on one than the other, possibly different printers that did the labels...... although rest of lettering on both bangers looks to be same size...... so may be marketing / advertising dept. influence there......
    321 zero pair  WHITE023.jpg

BANGER white casing, as above, everything is same except Standard logo and banger name much larger on one than the other, different colour fuze tube plus red cap but quite often you wouldn't see the red cap, most times it is missing...... I don't add an item to the collection on fuze tube colour changes but do for label variations like these
    BANGER pair  WHITE024.jpg

4. Sufjan1986

Sufjan1986 Supports UKFR

It's amazing how just the subtlest difference require a whole new addition to an existing collection! I shall get back to you in due course.

5. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Problem with Standard was their policy of maintaining brand image by leaving stuff the same for years, of all the companies their bangers are the least interesting to look at and to date I have found and added into the collection 56 Standard Bangers going back to the mid 1930's plus whatever there was on the display boards ( a couple I think, ) There are still some others that I know are missing, maybe one day they will turn up as well............

6. Sufjan1986

Sufjan1986 Supports UKFR

Kevin I can't help I'm afraid, the closest I had are below...too modern. Sorry to start a goose chase.
    Regards,
    Chris
    IMG_3931.JPG IMG_3932.JPG

7. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Hi Chris
    No problem, at least you took the time to look, was worth a shot......... looks like all down to Tony B. now !

Sufjan1986 likes this.
  8. Sufjan1986

Sufjan1986 Supports UKFR

Hope you get them Kevin.
    Chris

9. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

They will turn up at some stage, even if I have to find them myself...........

10. TONYB

TONYB Supports UKFR

:eek:

Sufjan1986 likes this.
  11. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Still waiting Mr Tony !

standard steve likes this.
  12. TONYB

TONYB Supports UKFR

I was hoping standard Steve would come up with the goods being a standard man but unfortunately I was told he's more into ferrets and ale tasting these days

13. ya cant beat a ferret down your trouser leg ! thanks tony . lol

14. I HAVE THE FORE MENTIONED BANGERS , BUT EYE DONT WANT TO PART WITH THEM,
    DUE TO THE FACT PEOPLE FROM YORKSHIRE ARE HAS TIGHT AS DUCKS ARCES !

15. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Always find a rare piece of Standard pyro works as a great laxative !
    Anyway now you've gone into the grotto business big time you won't have room for them old bangers........