Standard £1 Box

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by Richard Lane, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Richard Lane

Richard Lane Supports UKFR

IMG_2453.JPG IMG_2454.JPG IMG_2456.JPG IMG_2457.JPG IMG_2459.JPG IMG_2460.JPG IMG_2462.JPG IMG_2466.JPG IMG_2464.JPG IMG_2461.JPG
    Here is a Standard Fireworks £1.00 Box from the 1960's.
    I obtained this from Kev about two years ago and it is one of my collection favourites.
    The provenance is excellent...see the date stamp on the back of the Bouquet of Roman Candles...'30th October 1967'
    It makes you realise what effect inflation has had in the meanwhile!
    The contents is a classic mix of the Standard range of products of the era.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  2. Pyro Ed

Pyro Ed Pro Firer/Crew

JUST WOW!!!!!!

TerenceFawkes likes this.
  3. Very nice box Richard, thanks, any chance you could upload a pic of your large standard rockets:).

4. Richard Lane

Ok Jamie..will do...maybe later to day or prob tomorrow :)

5. Pyro Ed

Pyro Ed Pro Firer/Crew

I love the variation there, so many different effects.

6. Will look forward Richard, thanks;).

7. Richard Lane

Ed ..that's right...in the 60's Standard were producing some their very best fireworks

Pyro Ed likes this.
  8. Yes exactly, you got much more variation and quality effects with the old British stuff than anything you get nowadays.

9. TONYB

TONYB Supports UKFR

thanks for posting up richard....another pristine example saved for future generations to enjoy

10. Richard Lane

Tony ..thanks ..it matters greatly...as we older pyro guys shuffle off into that "firing ground in the sky".... what is carried on is significant...there will always be people who are interested in Fireworks and their history and it's up to us to preserve as much as we can and....as ever what fun this is...!!:D;):mad:

11. Pyro Ed

Pyro Ed Pro Firer/Crew

Just don't forget to pass it all onto me :) lol

12. If I don't get there first!!!:D.

13. I AGREE WITH RICHARD , IM GLAD YOU OLDER COLLECTORS OF VINTAGE FIREWORKS KEEP THESE PARTS OF SOCIAL
    HISTORY FOR THE FUTURE.

14. Richard Lane

Don't worry too much guys...I don't intend to depart just yet...hopefully many..Rocket firing,mortar blasting,see piece rigging,
    Lancework pinning,Roman candle battery setting up ...and vintage pyro collecting days yet to come by the grace of the Lord God!!o_O:rolleyes::p

Jamie Thornton likes this.
  15. Wow indeed, lovely piece.

16. Absolutely beautiful......I best get my cloth bag :D

17. The one shilling jack in the box his one of the best looking labels standard did, In my opinion .
    still havnt got one yet. great to see it though !

18. Richard Lane

IMG_1728.JPG Stan...I agree..my favourite are these...produced at the same time as the 1/- one you mention...they are both absolutely great designs.

fozzboy, Pyromania and Jamie Thornton like this.
  19. wonderful images Richard thank you.

20. richard it was me that sent the comment about the 1 shilling jack in the box . not stan.