Sussex bonfire 2016

Discussion in 'Firework Events And Displays' started by forrest, Sep 4, 2016.

1. forrest

forrest Pro Firer/Crew

The new bonfire season down here in Sussex got underway this weekend with fireworks at Uckfield on Friday night (will post the video when I've found the link) and their carnival last night. So here are the remaining dates should you wish to have a visit.

Crowborough 10 sept - no fireworks
    Mayfield 17th sept
    Burgess Hill 24th sept
    Rotherfield 1st October
    Eastbourne 1st October
    Northiam 8th October
    Hastings 15th October
    Hailsham 22nd October
    Seaford 22nd October
    neville 22nd October
    Ninfield 22nd October
    Isfield 28th October
    Littlehampton 29th October
    Newick 29th October
    Ewhurst & Staplecross 29th October
    Lewes 5 November
    Lindfield 5th November
    Battle 5th November
    Edenbridge 5th November
    South Heighton 12th November
    East Hoathly 12th November
    Rye 12th November
    Chailey 12th November
    Robertsbridge 19th November
    Hawkhurst 26th November

beeney, Venger, geoff and 2 others like this.
  2. forrest

forrest Pro Firer/Crew

As promised video of the fireworks from Uckfield on Friday night. Display done by Wizard fireworks

maxywell and geoff like this.
  3. m00ny

m00ny Celtic Stash Photo Winner 2015 Supports UKFR

I've been waiting for your annual post of this thread, thanks! :D

forrest likes this.
  4. forrest

forrest Pro Firer/Crew

Been so busy that i nearly forgot to put the dates up. But I remembered in the end. As I know plenty on here like to get down and take in a few Sussex bonfire events if they can.

5. gareth71

gareth71 Pro Firer/Crew

@Bright sparks north Wales - the young chap (Jack?) who was on the show in Tywyn with us the other week was interested in these. Dunno if he's on here, but maybe you can point him towards this thread?

6. Was thinking of going to Hastings this year but having second thoughts having seen the way they treat their seagulls...

blackbat and Locky Smith like this.
  7. forrest

forrest Pro Firer/Crew

Fireworks from Mayfield bonfire last night. Apologies in advance as for some reason the video is on its side

8. geoff

geoff Supports UKFR

Had a drive down to Mayfield last night,great atmosphere and great fun with the drummers and the guy in the middle holding the flares,a great mascaleta style display,and a very nice display with some lovely shells and a great finale. Looking forward to visiting some more of these great events.

Pyrosam, forrest and Shinobi like this.
  9. forrest

forrest Pro Firer/Crew

Fireworks from Burgess Hill bonfire tonight. Done by Phoenix fireworks. Managed to get the video right way round this time!

Shinobi likes this.
  10. forrest

forrest Pro Firer/Crew

Fireworks from Rotherfield bonfire this evening

11. geoff

geoff Supports UKFR

Had another drive into Sussex to Rotherfield and another great night with drummers, parade bonfire and a great display. Happy days. :)

12. SwissTony

SwissTony Pro Firer/Crew

Northiam bonfire tonight.
    Northiambonfiresociety.co.uk for details.

The big bang theory likes this.
  13. Bone

Bone Pro Firer/Crew

If you had to choose between Edenbridge and Lindfield, which would you attend?
    Having retired from firing, keen to actually get out with the family to enjoy a display from the audience perspective.

14. forrest

forrest Pro Firer/Crew

Fireworks from Hastings bonfire last night

15. forrest

forrest Pro Firer/Crew

Depends on where you are and how far you want to travel. If I was to be biased I would say Lindfield due to it being my local one and it's very family friendly. Plus I know the guys who do the fireworks

16. Bone

Bone Pro Firer/Crew

Can't say fairer than that. I'm in Forest Row, but drive through Lindfield every day on the way to Haywards Heath. This would also be my 'local one' to some degree. For the past 10 years I have been working every weekend around the 5th so curious to discover some of the local society displays.

Any idea what sort of pyro budget the Lindfield on has? Happy for a PM reply if you don't want to post it publicly. Is this properly a society display so that crew etc don't factor into the cost, or is it subbed out to a display company ?

17. Cullann

Cullann Pro Firer/Crew

I'm thinking of seeing what these are all about, this year. It may be silly question, but....how do they work?

18. m00ny

Literally just turn up and follow the people to the firing site, you can gather some info from each societies facebook page/website.

Parking is the main problem, you want to leave plenty of time to try and find a space somewhere and be prepared to walk a fair bit.

I will strongly recommend Fletching next week if you can make it, the only pyromusical and they usually have some big flameballs ;)

19. Cullann

Cullann Pro Firer/Crew

Thanks M00ny! So they're open to everyone, no ticket needed or anything? Sounds great

20. m00ny

Yea no tickets, just donation buckets, they are certainly worth going to. Some better than others, Hastings last night was alright... some big stuff was sent up but it was so disjointed, lots of breaks in between and not really a finale as such, I don't think anyone really knew when it was finished. I remember it being similar last year but the year before that it was outstanding, some of the biggest shells I've ever seen and some BIG watershells sent out into the sea.