Thoughts on the FireFly Bluetooth system?

Discussion in 'Firing Systems And Fusing Fireworks' started by Richyc, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Richyc

Richyc Supports UKFR

Anyone checked out the 15 channel (hobbiest) firing system from FireFly? Wondered what people's thoughts are on it..

I like the idea of the reusable talans (all be it not instant) and the fact it uses your tablet and an app to control the firing, also has auto sync to music which is cool.

Not sure about the 3.5m type phone jack connection?! :confused: And only really good for one central firing position.

I'd be more interested if you could link 4 or 5 boxes up together wirelessly and change the talons to matches :)

https://shootfirefly.com/

2. Richyc

Richyc Supports UKFR

Closer look it's not a phone jack, more of a standard 3mm power connector.

Should be easy to knock up some longer wires with ematches

IMG_5382.PNG

3. PyroAsh

PyroAsh Supports UKFR

There will be a way around it, but the app isn't available in the UK.
    Screenshot_20170603-101949.png

Richyc likes this.
  4. Richyc

Richyc Supports UKFR

I had the same problem with a few apps for the dji drone.. you can change your tabs default region to US to get round it ;)

Just installed it, some pics
    IMG_5383.PNG IMG_5384.PNG IMG_5385.PNG

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  5. Any idea of cost?, with the choice of systems about atm this would have to be cheap to reflect it's limitations.

6. Richyc

Richyc Supports UKFR

$224 excluding shipping and taxes by the look.

7. Check out our system again! We've added the ability to link up to 6 units simultaneously and will have a European dealer very soon! (based in Germany) to save ya'll some shipping costs!

Richyc likes this.
  8. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete UKFR Editor

Thanks for joining, can you contact me if you wish to continue to self-promote here, as you would need to be a paying advertiser to do this :) (Perfectly fine for members to continue to discuss BTW, it’s just self-promotion and commercial posting about own products we don’t allow).

Richyc likes this.
  9. djburnside

djburnside Pro Firer/Crew

This seems an interesting system

It would be interesting to know whether it can fire multiple modules simultaneously, the time in between firing cues and if traditional igniters would work?