Cake/Barrage Zero 2 Sixty

Discussion in 'Absolute Fireworks' started by Firework Crazy, Jul 5, 2012.

1. RRP: £52.50
    Category: 3 - 25 Metres
    Shots: 60
    Duration: 30 Seconds
    Shape: Z
    Class: 1.4g
    Description: starting with silver crackling comet tails with red tips, then bursting in to a finale of silver crackling comet tails to vibrant red Crossetts

Gaskin84 likes this.
  2. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete UKFR Editor

Filmed by me at the Newsbox Fireworks Demo September 2012 (listed as RRP £54.99):

3. The sound difference between the promotional video and the one from the demo night is incredible.

snaps44 likes this.
  4. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete UKFR Editor

That's probably just down to the mic - that particular demo night clip uses the DSLR internal mic which is pants, it can be a bit tinny. If I'd had time I would have used the sound from the external mic I had running (like I did with the Thunder King clip) or played with the levels.

5. I see, the cynic in me assumed Absolute beefed up the sound instead.

6. Ad

Ad

Have a look in my thread at 09:55 for a Zero 2 Sixty going off with me right next to it.

http://www.fireworks-forum.org.uk/threads/a-look-back-at-gfn-2011-headcam-firer-footage.18532/

It's more like my video than the one from the demo night, that DSLR mic is very tinny and makes it sound puny. Ive also looked over the video flilmed from a HD Camcorder and it's similar to the headam footage of mine.

Overall when comparing the Demo Night vs Absoute Stock video I would put it about 3/4 of the way towards the Absolute Stock video on the sound scale when you're actually there watching it.

7. I'd say that in reality the sound/noise is closer to one filmed during the Newsbox Demo

8. I find most of the Absolute videos have a rather all the knobs to 11 audio treatment, which is a shame in this case as Zero 2 Sixty is a cracking cake that is one of my go to effects and always get's a wow from the crowd.

9. Charleso, you missed the 0 off the end of the 11. I love their fireworks but we tend to turn off the audio when showing customers.

10. Looks fantastic, fancy one of these next year :)

11. We had one last year, everyone liked it, I would have bought another this year but was already over my budget

12. Cullann

Cullann Pro Firer/Crew

This is a great cake. Had one a while ago that failed to go off on queue (my fault for not waterproofing the fuse). When it finally went of everyone had wandered off to get food, but the sound of the launch thuds certainly brought them running back in a hurry :)

13. Cullann

Cullann Pro Firer/Crew

Little bit disappointed with it this year. The one I fired (and also another filmed by someone else in their display) lost the crackle comets from half way through and fired just the crossettes on their own. Also, the crossette wipes were a bit slower paced than in the above videos.
    Hopefully this isn't a permanent change and it will be back to it's old self when the next shipment comes in.

14. Madfish

Madfish Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

They seem to vary depending on stock age! one I fired in August didn't fire the last crossette 'all at once' slice, just three sweeps :(

15. Cullann

Cullann Pro Firer/Crew

That's very random. Did it just not fire, or do you think the tubes were empty?

16. Think Ill have to write these down...this place needs a wish list :)

17. Thinking of using one for New Year, but would be a little disappointed if the change is significantly different to the video. Does anyone know?

18. Alan

Alan Supports UKFR

I can say that I fired Slow then Go last week, and it performed exactly like the video at

I'd fire that again any time.