2013 HERE WE GO............

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by Escht, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

I really hope this is the last of this Standard and Brocks empty dummy stuff that comes my way, having to take it as there is much older and better stuff to come...........

IMG_2171.JPG

2. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

At last the firework gods are smiling again.............
    3 very nice original Standard Dummies from late 1930's, around 1938........... even better is the fact that I am going to pick up the rest of what they have in the week..........
    All have 2d prices on them, the Lighthouse is one I have never seen before......... these are staying in my ever growing 1930's collection
    IMG_2173.JPG IMG_2174.JPG IMG_2175.JPG IMG_2177.JPG

3. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Just back from collecting remainder of the 1930's Standard stuff......... only 3 items but never had any of these before.
    IMG_2184.JPG

1d HAND LIGHT approx. 4.5" total length
    IMG_2180.JPG

1d STARRY PYRAMID 2" tall x 1" dia at base
    IMG_2178.JPG IMG_2179.JPG

2d CHRYSANTHEMUM FOUNTAIN....2" to top of fuze X 1.25" dia.
    That is everything that they ever had, total of 6 items, a very rare find indeed.........

IMG_2181.JPG IMG_2182.JPG

4. TLG

TLG Pro Firer/Crew

Chrysanthemum fountain one of my favorites as a young kid, not this version though bit before my time.

5. That air bomb logo looks the same as ones i remember from the 80's!

6. Richard Lane

Richard Lane Supports UKFR

Great work kev

7. Richard Lane

Richard Lane Supports UKFR

Kev,
    I think the recent finds are absolutely terrific!!The first 3 items are assuredly 1930`s but the Chrysantheum fountain in the last group I think could be even older...I could be wrong but possibly a 1920`s item!!
    The artwork on the airbomb is exactly the same as the the more recent editions and I think I`m right in saying it was present right up `till the time Standard ceased production in Uk
    It is also interesting that the art work and ..in partic...the colours of the airbomb and the Skyscraper are precisely the same generation.
    Great Stuff..well done

8. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Richard,
    Think you have a point there, need to do more research into these.......... this picture shows the change even in the 1930's , the air bomb on the right came from those display boards that were vandalised last year.ok it meant we all got bits but it was a sheer act of vandalism...the one on the left from this recent batch of 30's...........
    IMG_2185.JPG

standard steve likes this.
  9. Andy_P

Andy_P Pro Firer/Crew

Oh....my....God.....

I breezed past the first picture of it standing up, without a flicker of recognition. But then I saw the picture of it with all the individual bits and the hairs went up on the back of my neck! I'm SURE I had one of those now.

10. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Some late 1990's Brocks International fireworks, all are labelled Brocks Fireworks Huddersfield, probably 1996/ 7...........plus a mix of mini rckts, and fountains.......... all must go, have a few of the selection boxes if anyone is interested........ IMG_2356.JPG IMG_2357.JPG IMG_2358.JPG IMG_2359.JPG IMG_2360.JPG IMG_2361.JPG IMG_2362.JPG IMG_2363.JPG

TONYB, Blue devil and TerenceFawkes like this.
  11. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Just selection boxes left, everything else has been snapped up.
    Monday 11th Nov.

12. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

December has started well, back into the earlier stuff again.........
    The Standard Pilot Balloon is in the shape of an Elephant............. Brocks 12/- 6 box is for condition about the best I have ever seen, shame about tape damage on one side......... the roll of Brock's caps is also a nice find.......
    STANDARD PILOT BALLOON ELEPHANT.JPG STANDARD PILOT BALLOON ELEPHANT DET.JPG STANDARD PILOT BALLOON DET 2.JPG STANDARD PILOT BALLOON ELEPHANT REV.JPG
    BROCKS  12 AND 6 BOX.JPG BROCKS 12 AND 6 EDGE DAMAGE.JPG BROCKS 12 AND 6 BOX EDGE.JPG
    BROCKS CAPS.JPG INDOOR ASSORTED BITS.JPG INDOOR PARTY FIREWORKS.JPG INDOOR PARTY FIREWORKS DET.JPG

TerenceFawkes and TONYB like this.
  13. RocketRev

RocketRev Moderator Supports UKFR

The Balloon! It just goes to show that lanterns aren't a recent introduction. Were they ever perceived to be a nuisance all those years ago?

14. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Definately not a recent introduction, earlier in this thread I showed some pictures of an even earlier example from 1888 - 89 by Brock's .......... always thought it isn't the balloons that are the nuisance but the idiots that insist on trying to launch them in windy conditions..... although there is a problem with cattle eating these when they land in fields....... my daughter is a Vet. and I was talking to one of her friends from South Wales who deals with farm animals...... they do come across this problem occasionaly.

15. Andy_P

Andy_P Pro Firer/Crew

I still find it hard to believe that a cow will search out the wire or bamboo from a balloon to eat, in preference to all the left-over bits of fencing wire, plant stakes and other debris left lying around on every farm in the country,.

16. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Cows being stupid just eat anything that turns up in front of them........sometimes that includes remnants of old fire balloons........... sure I saw some the other day that were marked up as cow friendly with no wire parts in the construction.

17. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Saved from the skip........... 2 off Standard Jumping-Jacks 8 loops,
    2 STANDARD JUMP JACKS 8 LOOP488.jpg

now safely tucked in my refuge for jumping-jacks along with others saved from various parts of the country.......
    GROUP  JUMP JACKS 489.jpg

18. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Another bunch of Standard and Brocks shop dummy items....Everything is empty........ if anyone interested get in touch......... can go as bits or one lot......... these are ex shop window items and some do have sun fade on parts of the labels......
    IMG_2442.JPG IMG_2443.JPG IMG_2444.JPG IMG_2445.JPG IMG_2446.JPG IMG_2447.JPG IMG_2448.JPG IMG_2449.JPG IMG_2450.JPG IMG_2451.JPG IMG_2452.JPG IMG_2453.JPG IMG_2454.JPG IMG_2455.JPG IMG_2456.JPG IMG_2457.JPG IMG_2458.JPG

19. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

As a result of a phone call yesterday late afternoon and a 6 hr round trip today I have acquired this very nice group of pyro from early 1970's. What a great end to the year....... all live and all in mint condition from the guy that bought them as a kid and somehow never let them off............ !

IMG_2467.JPG

20. pyro plim

pyro plim Pro Firer/Crew

What a find .One for the Firework Magazine that Kevin.As per usual I am not a bit jelous.