2019 latest acquisitions..........

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by Escht, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

These are the final few bits from same source that the big box full of gear came from over the Christmas period..... just collected them this afternoon.
    IMG_8419.JPG

2. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Small antique fair find............... all from same house apparently but found over number of months......... might be more to come as they continue going through boxes of stuff...........
    IMG_8430.JPG

3. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

A nice complete Wilders 7/-6 box........... from Brocks Hemel factory, never seen this size of box before.
    IMG_8466.JPG

4. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Ever wondered what was inside a Parachute Floating Light........
    Size 35p version
    IMG_8518.JPG IMG_8519.JPG

and the size 9 version
    IMG_8520.JPG IMG_8521.JPG

5. I have several of the parachutes and one of the fired cartridges but i always wondered how they got the parachute folded so small and yet it opened perfectly every time, the first one i bought cost 45p, would have been the early 1970's, these were always marked size 9 when i started buying them, never seen one with a price on before.

6. Thanks for posting. It’s years since I pulled one of these apart.... In the photos above is the Bickford fuse still in the wooden plug? I think at one point they used asbestos string for the line to the flare.

7. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

These have been completely emptied of all powder, fuzes etc............. but done well......... they will make a great display item.
    I've just bought a large amount of old pyro in last couple of days and these were amongst them.

Golden Zodiac likes this.
  8. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Pre BS1988 Size 15, size 20 and size 25 original factory made Standard shop display boxes, never had the fireworks filled.......... very unusual to find but there must have been thousands of these boxes made.

IMG_8512.JPG IMG_8513.JPG IMG_8514.JPG IMG_8516.JPG IMG_8522.JPG IMG_8523.JPG

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    Lee boy, Oversealpyro and BarnOwl like this.
  9. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

there were also these 5 bags full of original factory made dummy display items from the early 90's
    IMG_8524.JPG IMG_8525.JPG IMG_8526.JPG IMG_8527.JPG IMG_8528.JPG

10. The bags are mid 90’s Kev. The Star series boxes started in 1995. Still interesting though.

standard steve likes this.
  11. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Takes me back to my first ever shop clearance out of Burton when I had something like 30 plus Twinkling Star boxes plus another 20 plus Astra E and J boxes, never thought they would find homes but they did............

Now all I've got to do is find new homes for this little lot............ when time allows, office is turned upside down whilst I sort everything out for my militaria show at Stoneleigh this weekend.......... at least it is in a nice dry and warm exhibition hall instead of a glorified cattleshed like Malvern.

IMG_8475.JPG IMG_8476.JPG

12. Are the astra boxes British or Malaysian (or mixed)?

13. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

All Astra boxes have the union flag on them, haven't gone through the comtents......... one mini box is still sealed, other open.
    IMG_8502.JPG IMG_8503.JPG IMG_8504.JPG IMG_8505.JPG IMG_8506.JPG IMG_8508.JPG IMG_8507.JPG

14. My Brother is going to Stoneleigh this weekend too, he is a military re-enactor, i'll tell him to look out for you.

15. fozzboy

fozzboy Supports UKFR

I was offered this lot also .. but couldn't afford it lol

16. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

I'm next to soldier of Fortune left hand side stall. .

17. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Not sure I can either.

fozzboy likes this.
  18. give up!

19. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Give up?, give up?......... never... I was designed to be forever broke !

20. think you might have to have a word with the guy next to you at Stoneleigh , sounds like he as a fortune !