2019 latest acquisitions..........

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by Escht, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Great stash, brings back memories , are any of them boxes up for sale

2. Richard Lane

Richard Lane Supports UKFR

Used to live at Stoneleigh..by the river just over the hill from the Agricultural show site....used to go to Leamington Spa ..to Rawlings..a sports shop where I discovered Wells!!..aged 6!

TerenceFawkes likes this.
  3. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Met your brother Paul on Sunday, he came over to the stall for a chat.

He's sold me all your collection, says you need the space ;). :D

fozzboy and standard steve like this.
  4. Yes, he told me he had been talking to you, i'm not that desperate yet, lol!, but in time, who knows?, once it gets a bit warmer i'll get everything out and take photos as i have no idea what i have got!, my inventory needs updating as some i fired years ago and have added other bits to the collection which is mostly rockets.

5. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

1930's Pains distress rocket from a ship with original container.............I've managed to do a swap for this item . Already spoken for ......... a nice historical piece.......... nose cone holds a parachute............... wonder whats going to turn up next ?

PAINS DISTRESS RCKT.jpg PAINS DISTRESS RCKT DET.jpg

6. kevin , you seem to have a flair for finding such things , very interesting piece , …….. Is it a red one ?

7. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

yes, says RED LIGHT on the label, not easy to see in these pics...... has the Pains Imperial triangle mark on the label, design puts it almost certainly in the 1930's............

8. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Nice 1953 Britannia Fireworks catalogue that appeared on Ebay earlier this week, just arrived in the post. Looks like more bangers to find........
    1953 britannia catalogue.jpg 1953 britannia catalogue 2.jpg 1953 britannia catalogue3.jpg

9. now that's really nice, great condition , never seen the brochure before . good purchase ,

10. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

and I got change from a tenner....... doesn't happen very often on Ebay......... earlier in the week there were 26 x 2/- full boxes of Excelsior bangers plus one Brocks bangs box, started at £40 and within half a day a certain you know who had been involved and ended up at £1,200 before he got the seller to pull the listing and do a private off Ebay deal.....I never bothered bidding as they were in N Ireland and no idea how they could be got back here....... those boxes had a mix of at least 3 different types in the boxes and maybe more but as they have now gone into the Surrey Black Hole no one will ever know..........

11. I missed out on that one then!, usually when a brochure is listed i get outbid with around 5 seconds to go!, i think we need to launch a raid on the Surrey Black Hole and liberate the pyro, lol!

12. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

well if you need brochures I've plenty of examples from 80's through to early 2000s.......... most makes including Cosmic, Esco, Bright Star,Standard, Black Cat, Brocks, Astra and you'll never get outbid.

Peter Mackett and elmo like this.
  13. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

I've been working towards getting this Standard £1:80 box for last 3 weeks or so, got the deal done today, seems to be a complete box with some very nice items in it.
    dates to 1974, only year they made a box at this price and last year they sold fireworks with prices marked on them
    IMG_8830 (2).JPG IMG_8832.JPG

then from one of my contacts a small group of items
    IMG_8833 (2).JPG

TONYB, Peter Mackett, BarnOwl and 4 others like this.
  14. £1.80 for all those fantastic fireworks, those were the days!

15. thank god for that !

16. Some lovely items here! Interesting to see the Floodlight priced at 7.5 p and the Air Bomb at 6 p. Were these from the same year? I know which firework we’d have gone for as kids...