2019 latest acquisitions..........

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by Escht, Jan 14, 2019.

1. never mind keeping in you collection ! lol .
    yes the niagra as yellow on the bottom of the label, also the tornado as yellow on the middle of the label , normally blue . ( strange )
    nice box old lad ! too nice for you ! lol

2. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

I shall have to keep it, just imagine the trouble it would cause if it was made available, talk about ferrets in a sack....... it's settling into my display cabinet quite nicely, snuggled up to my 24/- dual price box........

3. 08EBF2D2-1366-4FBA-A82F-620199A1D183.jpeg Tornado looks very similar but the Coloured Niagara is different again, in my size 35 box. Olympic Torch has the wooden handle still.

4. Is that Niagara tube made from the thick yellow card, which they used in the seventies, some of which were hand-rolled?

5. 99E6AEBB-1E96-4FF6-8BB6-1D31AF8FCB5F.jpeg It looks like this-

6. Thanks. Yes I think that’s the stuff I remember. The large Ground Mines used a similar casing material until they started to use spiral tubes later on. Chris

7. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

A nice new addition to my banger collection, the red TORNADO on far left of the group........... thankyou Mr TonyB.....

IMG_8871.JPG

and another small rescue, empty box only

IMG_8872 (2).JPG

8. elmo

elmo Pro Firer/Crew

It never ceases to amaze me how many variants of bangers there are

9. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

nor me, still keep finding them......... there are some from 60's and 70's that I still haven't, never mind the dozens from earlier that I've never seen..... great thing is I know I can't find everything, not even trying to.......... but when another turns up it's always nice to add it to the collection.

elmo likes this.
  10. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Many thanks to Whizzbang for a nice addition to my banger collection.........
    IMG_8881 (2).JPG IMG_8882 (2).JPG

Peter Mackett likes this.
  11. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Have now completed both my Garden Pack size 15
    IMG_8885.JPG

and my Aerial Pack size 25.
    IMG_8888 (2).JPG

12. The Aerial pack had a double air bomb repeater in it, not the three shot one you have there, i had enough of them over the years and i never saw one with that air bomb in, can't remember the Scarlet Fury being it either.

13. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Hi Peter.
    I can only go by existing pictures of other boxes, if you have one of your fired boxes that you mentioned before any chance you could dig it out and take a photo.......
    I don't think I've ever seen 2 the same yet..............
    Thanks
    Kevin

14. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

only 67 to go ,................... just bought this nice little stockbox and contents..........
    BROCKS BANGS STOCKBOX (2).jpeg BROCKS BANGS DET.jpeg

15. Yes, i can do that once i know which box they are in in the shed, all the ones i had were always the same, i had a load i got for half price once but back then i just fired them as most of us did, i had loads of half price boxes, wish i had kept them now!, Standard, Astra, Brocks, most shops sold them off after the 5th, never happens now!

16. Oversealpyro

Oversealpyro Supports UKFR

They gone ? Very intrested
    PM : I you want gone..

17. The contents of most boxes varied from time to time depending on stock for most firms. Later Standard boxes that came with plastic trays were usually the same items though. I’ve had numerous Aerial boxes and there has been Scarlet Fury in some but not others. The stuff always adds up to the box size 25 for the sized box.

standard steve likes this.
  18. Oversealpyro

Oversealpyro Supports UKFR

19. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Peter, if you could that would help, needs to be the earlier version though, not the tray version...........

Chris........... what you say about contents is true, at various times they just chucked what they had into boxes to make up the box contents, yet to find one that they gave anything extra away............ there doesn't seem to be any photo evidence of what should be in there apart from a few odd existing boxes in collections but most of those are made up.......... think for know I will leave as is until I can find more info. Do you think that repeater is correct, all the boxes I've seen have a size 4 repeater.........
    Kevin

Clarenicky likes this.
  20. 58DD76B0-03DE-4AC6-AD4F-4F694F71B329.jpeg Here’s one I’ve got also with a Scarlet Fury