2019 latest acquisitions..........

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by Escht, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

It's a 4d Pains Brilliant Star rocket, I've had a couple of the Telstar Launcher rockets before......... all these came from another collector so not new finds from some dusty old attic........

Peter Mackett likes this.
  2. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

The 3 old money Standard bits are not available, I have an ongoing project that I need those for..........everything else is up for grabs less quite a few bits that have been snapped up already.

3. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew

Very nice.

4. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

FD8138EC-52FA-4327-85DD-38A18D89A49D.jpeg A0CF1AFE-9F58-405C-B9BA-C10079773CE6.jpeg Just on way back from a pyro pick right on the edge of the Surrey black hole
    This is one lot that escaped, a mixed bag with the chance there could be more to come
    That’s 2 more bangers for the collection

5. blackbat

blackbat Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Tell us more about this astronomical phenomena...I see it mentioned quite frequently :).

Duskyfuse likes this.
  6. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Now I've had chance to take a good look it would appear I've just added 3 more bangers to the collection

Standard 2d CANNON...... not seen fuzes like this but it is a live example

IMG_9094 (2).JPG

Astra 2d THUNDER
    IMG_9095 (2).JPG

Astra 2d BIFF

IMG_9096 (2).JPG

Standard 6d MOUNT VESUVIUS and a Standard 6d ROMAN CANDLE Displaying Coloured Stars

IMG_9097 (2).JPG IMG_9098 (2).JPG

and not forgetting what they all came in, a 1930's Brocks Box........

IMG_9099 (2).JPG

A pig of a trip with M40 as good as shut down and half of Oxfordshire involved in some sort of bike race making all detour routes from M40 just that bit more interesting..... but well worth it.

7. Jamie Thornton

Jamie Thornton Supports UKFR

Is that paper wrapped around bickford fuse on the standard cannon banger?.

8. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

no, a fuze tube like any other just with beige fuzepaper......... definately live as I checked

9. Jamie Thornton

They did use different coloured fuse papers on some items though particularly brocks with the red fuse paper on some items so it seems, what is the date of the cannon?.

10. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

The Indoor boxes from that house.
    IMG_9101 (2).JPG IMG_9102 (2).JPG IMG_9104.JPG IMG_9106 (2).JPG

Sparkler and TerenceFawkes like this.
  11. fozzboy

fozzboy Supports UKFR

Do you remember the Snow Storm.... My mum went mad when it made such a mess in the Living room ..lol

12. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

We never had indoor fireworks, think my parents were just happy to keep me outside with stuff that could go bang or burn..........

fozzboy likes this.
  13. re: midnight indoor funworks :
    The front of the box looks like , tony b family photo ! lol.

14. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew

What do those Space Worms do?

15. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Picked these 2 up on Sunday at an antiques fair, 1940's cap bombs , commercially made with reg no.803437 on tail fins ..... held in one piece by an elastic band......
    1940s CAP BOMBS930.jpg

16. I thought they where a type of winged nuts !

17. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew

Wonderful! Though I spy two visco imposters but it's a Cosmic airbomb so I think I'll let you off with that (pun intended) and the other is the Standard mine which by the looks was still in manufacture in the UK after the blue touchpaper days had gone. Though, it looks like it has both here?

julian morris likes this.
  18. Jamie Thornton

Really like those large brocks rockets with the old pre decimal era price markings.

julian morris likes this.
  19. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew

I'm a massive sucker for old skyrockets. I love the instructions. Like everyone has large steel staples and wooden posts lying around! And like that's the only option for launching a rocket. I used to use an old 6ft section of plasting downpipe from a gutter lodged in a bush to launch rockets. Oh the blue touchpaper days...

julian morris and Jamie Thornton like this.