2019 latest acquisitions..........

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by Escht, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

I'm well pleased with them...........

2. standard steve

standard steve Supports UKFR

They must have taken you past 350 bangers know , in your collection .?

3. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Yes, past the 350 point, guess next logical step is to aim for 400............ doubt I could ever find another 40 plus examples but it will be fun trying.......... I'd be happy to add anything more........... never know what's waiting to be found out there.

4. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew

I recall you saying something similar quite a while agao...and that was well before you found 350. Your discoveries amaze me every time and they just keep coming.

5. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Think I was aiming for 300 having been stuck at around 280 for quite a while..........

6. I remember the Barrier Breaker very well, may still have an odd fired one lying around somewhere, definitely got the label in an old scrap book.

7. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

A nice early small Standard 2/6 box plus a 6d Standard Sky rocket.......
    IMG_9541.JPG

8. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew

The old stuff never gets old. And it still keeps coming.

9. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Hi Peter
    If you've got things like that Barrier Breaker in fired condition, what other gems might you have that would fill a space in the collection until such time that a live example could be found ?
    If you get chance could you gather a few up, take a pic and let me see what there is.........
    Cheers
    Kevin

10. Memories! Does anyone know why they can't make the traffic lights fountain anymore? Standard just do three conics or in smaller boxes just small fountains.

11. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Learn something new every day....... turns out Standard produced this rocket in 2 sizes at least....... one I got yesterday is the one on the right, other example is from the stock I already had...... so a new 6d rocket for the 60's Standard collection.

IMG_9545 (2).JPG

12. Had a phone call yesterday, asking if i would like some old bangers to go into the shop's vintage display cabinet. Why woud you say no, as kevin says "its still out there"
    old bangers.JPG

13. standard steve

standard steve Supports UKFR

cant beat an old banger !

AlanCee29 likes this.
  14. pyro_man likes this.
  15. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Four more bangers for the collection
    Brocks Hornet , 2 different sizes of Phoenix Fireworks Thunder Flash and a Phoenix Fireworks Flash Gun
    IMG_9579.JPG

16. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew

17. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

A nice selection of early Standard items, Silver Fountain is a 4d price marked example.
    IMG_9583.JPG

Selection of 3d Rockets
    IMG_9575.JPG

18. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

19. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Not a complete carton so will be moving many of these on to other collectors, in amongst them I found 5 different variants, but only this one set which stays here in my collection.......... still leaves green and purple examples available......

IMG_9585.JPG IMG_9586 (2).JPG

20. I've never seen those rockets before so must be pre 1960 when i was born, did they eject anything or were they just a tail as most small rockets were back then?