2021 Latest acquisitions.

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by Escht, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Here we go again , start of a new year with lots of vintage pyro to come........... 6 day end of year accounts marathon is over, time to get back to what I enjoy.........watch this space as I start the year by digging through several large boxes full of goodies from early 70's through to late 90's...........

2. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

A few banger boxes complete with original contents......Benwell boxes have a couple of different types of contents, latest arrivals from the SA collection

IMG_1809.JPG

3. simonrl

simonrl Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

3.2.1.0 Phut!

Like those Benwell boxes :)

Rip Rap likes this.
  4. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

They do seem to be popular............

5. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Expensive start to the year for me, found 11 items for my collection........ makes a change to add thing into my collection, most times I'm lucky if I can find a single item in amongst dozens.
    These will go well in my dual price and price marked items sections
    IMG_1819.JPG

6. chris 1953

chris 1953 Supports UKFR

nice to see the old ones,

7. jww

jww Supports UKFR

as ever, thanks for all efforts in keeping the stimulating addition of info flowing. I ponder re: the use of colour for firework labels - just the question of if pyro was a somewhat earlier user of coloured inks on its product e.g.. when did pyro use colour v children's comics v shop advertising posters. Not anybody's job to put all the work in to find out, just a ponder. For me the above represent a pinnacle in that they're rather matt, "classic" designs, very neat labels. The RC to the left pretty much is the "reference" nostalgia item. Which little chap of the 60's or 70's for example would not sleep easy having just given that a good looking over :) Such happy days for those so inclined and fortunate. BTW, please do stay safe all pyro folks - fingers crossed for you all. JW.

8. Jamie Thornton

Jamie Thornton Supports UKFR

That coloured Roman candle to the left were just exactly
    the same as I remember them in the 80s, in fact that design was
    used into the early 90s with a larger proportion of the bottom taken
    up with the BS descriptions and of course the large standard union
    flag logo at the top.

9. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Store is now closed whilst I add lots of new goodies into the vintage firework section, no set time for reopening as it depends how well I can get on taking photos and loading into the store............suggest you check on a regular basis as many of the items are sure to go fairly quickly when store does re-open......first full dy starts tomorrow, dozens of different items will be available.

10. danielpyronutter

danielpyronutter Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Is this from your big plastic boxes from before Christmas Kevin?

11. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Yes, it's all the contents from the plastic boxes that started coming in during December, some bits were already spoken for either for my collection or for various wants lists but there is still a load of it left including all the items in that one big plastic tub full of later gear ( that will be the last to get sorted as I really can't get enthused about that stuff ) ,
    I've been busy since then so I'm just starting to really see what there was in there as I start doing the photographs............

12. danielpyronutter

danielpyronutter Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

OK, look forward to seeing the last box lol

13. Whizzbang

Whizzbang Supports UKFR

And by the time you are allowed to travel to collect them they'll be even more vintage. Like laying down fine wine.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
    BarnOwl and Escht like this.
  14. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Store will be online again from 8pm. on Thursday evening, so far I've managed to add around 60 plus different new items, hoping to have at least 100 by then........ all sales will have to go through the store, items are only secured on payment as the store doesn't reduce stock unless payment is made at time of ordering.The plan is to leave it open until Sunday evening then close it again whilst I carry on loading more items next week.

15. BarnOwl

BarnOwl Supports UKFR

Then expect it to crash at 20.01 with increased surge/mass volume of internet traffic...

16. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

wouldn't think there would be that much interest......... the usual few, not expecting much more than that.......

17. jww

jww Supports UKFR

re: Kevin's sale of amazing items - interested in the psychology of this - my gut feeling is that some will be driven by a gut competition / acquisitive zeal, money no object - the reward will be the thrill of the chase - simply bagging the "best" items to the exclusion of others - items will then be stored away for no real purpose. This is intentionally slightly inflammatory - any thoughts from folks? J.

18. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

it won't work like that, fixed price and only becomes sold when checkout is completed and payment made, so it will be a trade off time against number of items... example if you were to go mad and start booking out lots of items, by the time you come to checkout you could find several others buying small amounts will have pipped you to the post......... some are one offs but many there are multiples so should work out just fine.......

Richard Lane and standard steve like this.
  19. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

That's exactly 100 different new items listed into the store ready for re-opening at 8pm ( Kevs time...... ), it's not everything by a long shot...............

Hope it all works,........... if not I'm sat in a quiet dark room with plenty of booze ready and tv on loud............

20. jww

jww Supports UKFR

ah, great, hope there are no shadows on the photos, everything is pictured from every angle, the touch paper is precisely presented and you've managed perhaps to prepare a full history of each item - and maybe an interview with the actual person who manufactured them. What about a video simulation, and maybe a full manufacturing process? - Ha ! - apologies - the store is a work of art as well as a labour of love - it's a museum in its own right - so this is just my way of saying thanks for all that :) Good luck. John.