A few new additions

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by fozzboy, May 18, 2019.

1. fozzboy

fozzboy Supports UKFR

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  2. Jamie Thornton

Jamie Thornton Supports UKFR

What is the large black Venus rocket with the flame artwork like the pre 1988 standard size 3 sky rockets?.

3. fozzboy

fozzboy Supports UKFR

View attachment 44162
    Benwell Mate..

4. Jamie Thornton

Right, thanks, interesting they used the design similar to standard on the motor label.

fozzboy likes this.
  5. I remember those Venus rockets, still have a few fired ones here, there were other types too.

fozzboy likes this.
  6. Jamie Thornton

Is the rocket live just out of interest mate?,

quite a nice example, first time I’ve seen one like that, particularly with that flame design like standard, was wondering at first if it was like a rarer one off design by standard or perhaps made by them for another company like they used to make items for octavious hunt under different coloured labels same design but without the standard logo.

7. fozzboy

fozzboy Supports UKFR

3DF77014-6181-4B9E-8F03-C38790D14554.jpeg 3329BBF2-CD5A-436E-9ECC-93ED241B92C7.jpeg Yes live, first one I have seen

Peter Mackett and Jamie Thornton like this.
  8. I had them many times when they were available, genuine Benwell rockets.

fozzboy likes this.
  9. fozzboy

fozzboy Supports UKFR

Hi Peter , do you remember what stars were in them ?, as it doesn't say on label....

10. I will check my effects lists and let you know as before the effects were listed on the fireworks i wrote them all down and i may have them listed as i can't remember offhand.

fozzboy likes this.
  11. Sparkler

Sparkler Supports UKFR

IMG_4663.JPG Here is the Saturn version

12. Talking of larger Benwell rockets, does anyone remember the Sandstorm Rocket?, it ejected gold flitter stars and an effect similar to the Standard Tadpoles but in gold.

Johnny Edward Ludick and fozzboy like this.
  13. I have had a look through all my firework effect books but unfortunately i can't find these rockets at all, all i could find it that there were three kinds, the other being a Jupiter Rocket which i also had.

Johnny Edward Ludick and fozzboy like this.