A Standard Fireworks label picture a day, keeps the boredom away............

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by Escht, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Thought I would post a label photo a day until either everyone gets bored or I run out of pictures to post, I've got enough for at least 3 months.......... no particular order to them, just how they are listed in my files. If they get enough likes I'll carry on with it. Would be nice if we can keep the thread on track and not go wondering off on a tangent . there are some unusual ones in here as well as a number of common examples........ all old school Standard.

So here we go with the first of many

4/- Chinese Flyer, a 2 part label that went either side of the centre fixing point
    1001.jpg

2. standard steve

standard steve Supports UKFR

never seen that version before kelvin , would you say 1950s ? The base paper looks like wall paper to me , over printed
    with the red . what does other chaps think ?
    ss

3. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

i can't presume to speak for kelvin but think it is probably 1950's.
    Standard Steve....As you were first to comment on new picture you can pick the labels for the rest of the week.......... let me have 6 numbers from 2 to 92 inclusive and each day I'll post that corresponding file in the order you pick them............. this is a set of files I've never shared so should be a number of nice surprises in there ....... in total there are just over 300 different labels, some pics have groups of labels some just single labels.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  4. standard steve

23456 , have you any labels that are on the fireworks on my £1.00 box ?
    DSCF1113.JPG

5. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

That's only 5 numbers, very predictable might i say.....:)
    You'll have to wait and see, ..................

6. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

I've had to ring SS and tell him is choice of number 6 was rubbish, new set of numbers is now 2,3,4,5,7 and 8 , ...........:D

standard steve likes this.
  7. Richard Lane

Richard Lane Supports UKFR

IMG_5229.JPG
    IMG_5231.JPG
    Maybe these might fit??

8. Richard Lane

IMG_7150.JPG
    A bit of fun..instruction in loading and lighting shells..from tapered mortars!!!!

9. standard steve

Ive been told I can only pick the numbers ,---- That kevin has chosen before hand ! .
    ( ive got his number ) lol .
    ss

10. TONYB

TONYB Supports UKFR

or not could be the case :D

11. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Looks like I might to have to rethink this idea, had thought it would be a bit of fun....

Obviously impossible to achieve............:p

This was #6, the most boring out of the lot, might as well get it out of the way now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

6006.jpg

12. standard steve

I must have its on my phone , and written on the back of my toilet door !
    ss.

13. Richard Lane

Wrappers from size 6 rockets unfinished at a guess?

14. standard steve

I DONT RECALL SEEING A SIZE 6 ROCKET ? KEVIN LABEL PICS ARE OFF ROCKET MORTARS , STANDARD
    USED THESE ON VARIOUS ROCKETS , AND IN DIFFERENT COLOURS .
    NOT ALOT OF PEOPLE KNOW THAT !

15. Richard Lane

Steve..sorry typo not size 6. Should've been size 36....I've got a selection of these rocket wrappers
    Kev's starter post of the Saxon wheel wrapper ..I think it was used on the standards Chrysanthemum Fountain..printed in red and blue
    The one shown ..never seen it before...possibly from 50's or 60's Saxon wheels...or looking at the background pattern it's slightly arts and crafts..maybe from the 40's even?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    standard steve likes this.
  16. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Standard label file #2 , again a 2 part label, my guess is we are looking mid 1960's on this one........
    2002.jpg

17. Jamie Thornton

Jamie Thornton Supports UKFR

Got the later 70s version of the Chinese flyer or to early
    80s when ever it was when they changed the same version
    of the Saxon and named it diamond ring with the yellow label
    with wording in blue prior to 1988.

18. standard steve

Id say 1960s as well kevin , know kevin , you can do your post a favour ------ you have an harlequin in 10/ box or may
    be a loose one , take a pic of one and put on here . we can see how standard used the same design of your label
    shown here , and used it on the later harlequin 9d. size 9 for export . please , ss

19. Done Fettling

Done Fettling Supports UKFR

Was the harlequin the same print as you say standard steve but in a purple colour early 70s .

20. standard steve

I know which you mean , but in the mid to late 60s standard used the same colours and design as the labels that kevin
    as posted, IF kevin posts the pic of the 60s version you will see what I mean , THATS WHEN HE STOPS FETTLING !

Done Fettling likes this.