Advice for a newbie

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by trueblue_ips, Dec 19, 2018.

1. trueblue_ips

trueblue_ips Supports UKFR

Hello, I would like to start collecting vintage fireworks.
    Without giving away any secrets, how/where does one source these things? Appreciate the value is in their rarity but I've found nothing.
    Does anyone have any advice on how I can start?

Pyro Pete likes this.
  2. Mystic Juggler

Mystic Juggler Supports UKFR

Hi welcome
    As a collector that had a 10 year break from it when i got back into collecting this year i was pleasantly surprised by the availability of stuff once you know where to look! It really depends on which period you are into. Everyone i have dealt with uses this site on and off, im sure they will be in touch. Not sure about the rules on sticking other peoples websites on the forum so i wont as to not tread on peoples toes. It's a small community but we all seem very passionate about the subject.
    Good luck

Pyro Pete and fozzboy like this.
  3. Sparkler

Sparkler Supports UKFR

Hi True Blue I have been collecting for 6 or 7 years and can say every vintage firework I have acquired has come from members of this forum. What Era do you want to collect ? You will be surprised of what is still out there. It can be an expensive hobby and even frustrating at times but very rewarding

Good luck with your collection

Pyro Pete and fozzboy like this.
  4. fozzboy

fozzboy Supports UKFR

Hi, and welcome ... what era are you looking for ?