Adwords - ads removed

Discussion in 'Professional Fireworks' started by Dodgey, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Dodgey

Dodgey Pro Firer/Crew

Anyone had to deal with Google about having their Adwords campaigns removed? Out of the blue I've had mine disabled due to "selling explosives, or fireworks that explode and may injure people".

a) all fireworks explode, save a few fountains.
    b) I don't sell fireworks

Arghhhh!

2. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

I'm sure fireworks deflagrate rather than explode. Anyone?

Da Main Mouse likes this.
  3. Da Main Mouse

Da Main Mouse Supports UKFR

i believe you are correct, deflagration would be an explosive event travelling at subsonic speeds, where a detonation is a supersonic shockwave or shockwave that is powerful enough to start a secondary explosion. or something like that.

4. Da Main Mouse

Da Main Mouse Supports UKFR

Maybe should have just googled it before I answered from memory,:oops:Joy of coming home off nights I guess:p, but I wasn't too far wrong.

Lifted from the googles,

Discovered in 1881 by French scientists, detonation is the result of a supersonic wave initiating a secondary explosion. Created by the primary initiation of a small amount of high explosives using friction, spark, flame, impact or electromagnetic radiation, this resulting shock front is powerful enough to launch a secondary explosion in relatively less-sensitive explosive materials like Trinitrotoluene (TNT).
    Explosion, on the other hand, is a general term for an accelerated release of energy generating extreme temperatures, releasing of gases and expanding volume. Explosions may be supersonic as in the case with detonations using high explosives like Pentaerythritol tetranitrate (PETN) or subsonic and initiated by deflagration (combusting materials via heat transfer) of low explosives like gun powder, as seen in fireworks or Hollywood pyrotechnics.

5. Matthew Tosh

Matthew Tosh Pro Firer/Crew

Not had it with Google, but I have fallen foul of Facebook rules when promoting educational theatre shows about pyro, fireworks and SFX. I know a few firework event promoters that have had to deal with this too. Each of my appeals to Facebook were declined.

It was clear that in spite of me promoting how we as an industry ensure our shows are safe and successful, I came under their blanket term of "promoting the use or sale of fireworks, explosives or firearms" (paraphrased slightly). Make of this what you will, but even I couldn't get them to budge from a public relations or education standpoint. :banghead:

I will continue my work to educate people on what we do and how we do it, whilst assuring promoters and twitchy child protection officers that I am not radicalising anyone or teaching people to make malicious devices (all things I regularly have to contend with).

6. Dodgey

Dodgey Pro Firer/Crew

Had a hugely frustrating day on the phone to them. In the end, they suggested the fix was to remove all instances of the word "firework". I explained it's in my company name, and what people will be searching for. Made no odds :)

7. blackbat

blackbat Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

I don't get this. I can type "wedding fireworks", for example, into a Google search, and fireworks ads are returned.

8. Dodgey

Dodgey Pro Firer/Crew

No, it's random. My main account campaign is ok. My "intent" campaign got blocked. They alluded to it being automatic blocking. I'm waiting for an appeal at the moment.

I have spelt out that there are 10,000s of firework ads but they just don't listen. All Indian call centres. Nothing wrong with Indians of course, but the lack of naturally flowing language makes discussing nuances almost impossible.

9. hofnerite

hofnerite UKFR Stash Photo 2018 Winner! Supports UKFR

The problem is these operators know nothing of what they are dealing with - they just follow a flowchart on their computer. Computer says no!
    When I was selling firework mugs I had the same problem - automatically banned because of the keywords I was using. After complaining and getting nowhere I complained publicly on their Twitter account (https://twitter.com/GoogleAds) and then got a real human solution.