1. JayT

JayT Supports UKFR

That Vulcan piece looks great. Think it was vulcan that made the 90s visco set pieces that Standard sold.

nickjee likes this.
  2. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

That Vulcan piece. Yes.

3. Richard Lane

Richard Lane Supports UKFR

Like all the set pieces be they by Standard..Brocks..Wessex...Vulcan..In partic I like the quick match linkage..it’s a great look.
    Most retail SP’s are the junior brethren of the big public display items which are now sadly missed.

4. jww

jww Supports UKFR

Looks like Spanish twin core match at a glance - the combination of the tensile plastic and the heavy core load meant some rather excitable fusing shall we say :) John.

5. Richard Lane

Richard Lane Supports UKFR

I agree ..plastic match pipes can result in ..as you say..excitable fusing..indeedo_O

6. That Vulcan sun needed a proper shed door to nail it to ..:) .I agree on the plastic covered QM i remember lighting a waterfall with it on and it been alike strafed by the Luftwaffe :)

7. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Top tip for that waterproof match when fusing up set peices:

Tie very tight granny knots all along the match for it's full length about 6" intervals. In between each knot, dump a half teaspoon of titanium sponge. Takes forever but the result I think you will find, is well worth the effort. Like a mini mascleta start to any waterfall etc.