Asda fireworks 2019

Discussion in 'Supermarket Fireworks' started by Harvey yearsley, Sep 28, 2019.

1. A fellow member from the season traditions Forum has posted this for asda fireworks hope this helps

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      176.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      172.2 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      184.2 KB
      Views:
  2. maxywell

maxywell Supports UKFR

Interesting to see a compound in there although i doubt it'll be a good deal at that price, pretty similar offerings to last year apart from that and the quiet cake.

3. The compound cake is "cat 2" but would risk it. At least 25m distance

4. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew

No Astro slecky box at £5. Might try that Rainbow one...The rest looks all a bit wishy washy. Truth is in the lighting.

AlanCee29 likes this.
  5. The Astro box is in Aldi mate :) or it has been anyway lol. Great little box too, always try and get one or two lol

6. danielpyronutter

danielpyronutter Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Those kind of small compounds are a bit pointless really imo, nice to see some fireworks for sale though either way, nothing grabbing me though there

AlanCee29 likes this.
  7. I think I'm getting the unicorn again lol, my little one already asked for it, and I'll try the bones fountain too.

8. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew

ASDA most certainly sold the Astro by TNT in the past. Maybe before Aldi defected from Weco. I don't see any of the little rockets that ALdi sell either which are also TNT. Used to come 12 in a pack and now reduced to eight but at the same price with the name changed to Star Striker or something. Can't remember their previous name. They used to be a great buy but not with four missing. I guess it wouldn't make sense for both supermarkets to be selling the same lines from the same brand hence the difference in items.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  9. You may be getting mixed up with lidl mate. And from what I remember asda didnt sell the astro boxes and the star striker rockets they are from aldi have a look yourself. This was last years offerings.

Attached Files:

pablo likes this.
  10. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew

Memory gets worse every year.

Harvey yearsley likes this.
  11. The magic selection box looks similar to astro in content but isn't worth £6. I would happily pay £10 for the magic box and the enchanted fountain. A great deal for a small family however I feel Aldi and Lidl will have better pyro for the money. The star stricker rockets are pretty good IMO however similar sponsor stocked rockets for the same price or similar are better. Asda boxes do look overpriced to me. I expect Epic to buy up what they don't sell and knock off £4-5. Everyone must love a fantastic fountain, I know I do!

SilberWirbel and Harvey yearsley like this.
  12. Yh I tend to stay away from super markets nowadays. I prefer to go to the sponsored shops as they are better value. I only go aldi for shot tubes and maybe saturn missiles but that tends to be it. I'm not a huge fan of fountains.

13. danielpyronutter

Personally I think any selection box is worth at least 6 quid.

hofnerite and Joe Ciabatti like this.
  14. Not worth £6 but worth £5 on a 2 for £10o_O....:)

Zotic Fireworks likes this.
  15. danielpyronutter

I'm gobsmacked to think that anyone would complain about a £6 selection box being poor value :confused:

SilberWirbel likes this.
  16. Not when Aldi were selling similar for 4.95 or something similar, might of been cheaper than that. It is obviously priced to make you buy on 2 for £10. At 2 for £10 it isn't as bad not for that fanned fountain too. Every pound counts with cheap pyro.

AlanCee29 likes this.
  17. Tried Jorge missile cakes, can't remember what I paid but wasn't £5. I thought a missile cake must be standard across the board even compare to supermarket. Nope Jorge are definitely a step above. Shot tubes from all the supermarkets I have found a p be good and the Astro box from Lidl. Best boxes have been Weco and I was surprised by the standard box from Lidl last year.

18. I did like the Standard 'Red Arrow' shot tubes from Lidl last year. They were good for the price. Although I really only bought them for their graphic design which was re-hashed from the 1980's Standard Floodlight (I do like the nostalgic designs). Besides, when did Roman Candles become 'Shot Tubes'? Was it when Motley Crue became 'Classic Rock'?

pablo, AlanCee29 and fatkat24 like this.
  19. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew

Try the TNT Astro. That used to be no more that £5 and is crammed with loads of stuff. All really well made too. Also, last year Morrisons sold two slecky boxes for £10 on a deal and they were great too. I've had boxes cost £10 individually and more that did not compare in quality of contents. And I have been helping run a dedicated pyro shop for over twenty years. Not that we sell crap selection boxes. We just sell quality big stuff. Hence why I have to go out and buy slecky boxes for myself. Coz I'm a massive kid.

SilberWirbel likes this.
  20. I remember getting boxes of standard fireworks early and mid 90's and considering inflation they would be around £23 for a box today. I would personally get the box and fanned fountain and then shot tubes, screaming demons or fountain for £15. It isn't terrible but I feel Aldi or Lidl may beat it, considering Lidl's offerings of Standard boxes last year that were good for the money.

Zotic Fireworks likes this.