Batteries Included

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by Escht, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Christmas Eve I got an email about some more old Standard fireworks,
    This morning I had a 5am. start and a 400 mile round trip , this was the result........... well worth getting out of bed for..........
    IMG_8307.JPG

2. Great pick-up, It's surprising how many survivors there still are! Are these all live?

3. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

All live.......... I am not surprised anymore as to what there is still out there, .........

standard steve likes this.
  4. TONYB

TONYB Supports UKFR

:earlystash:

Escht likes this.
  5. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Well if i left it to you lot you'd still be in your nice warm beds dreaming of finding nice old pyro..........

TONYB likes this.
  6. Sparkler

Sparkler Supports UKFR

What an amazing find Kev!! Well worth the drive

7. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

and the nervous few days since Christmas eve whilst I tried to get this organised .............. hard to concentrate on what was happening knowing this was out there.... I ended up with even more than I thought I was collecting as he found more bits since yesterday...........

8. lovely Christmas box .
    regards ss

9. Absolutely fantastic selection and more Parachute Lights!, some real classics there too and some rockets i never saw too, i thought i had the only Double Parachute Light in existence but i can see two there!, looks like the mixed boxes they used to send to the shops with a bit of everything in!, where does this stuff keep coming from?

10. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

I've got a time machine but it's a secret so don't tell anyone............

Peter Mackett, Pyromania and elmo like this.
  11. abigman

abigman Pro Firer/Crew

How do you assess the NEQ and hazard class on this old gear for storage purposes ?

12. we don't , we don't even worry about it , when and if kevin parts with the items shown , there will be less amounts of items in one place, ie : not thrown in one box . collectors of old fireworks, probably look after there fireworks better than people do with modern
    fireworks, there kept dry , there not disturbed very often .

Peter Mackett likes this.
  13. Exactly, i must get all mine out soon so i can photograph them and re-do my inventory of what i do have as it hasn't been updated for years, i collect mainly rockets but just wish i had more old British stuff than i have as back then no-one would ever have thought the British firework industry would completely end and that is why i am so glad to see this old stuff still around.

standard steve and Duskyfuse like this.
  14. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Photo time this morning, even I don't know exactly what is in there as yesterday was all a bit of a rush.......... the box is only a box I used to transport the gear back home and nothing to do with Standard...... it won't be living in there, once catalogued it will be stored .
    I have had numerous enquiries as to what is available ........... some I am keeping ( remember I am a collector as well ). rest will be available to genuine collectors looking to expand their collections. It is also important to remember I don't post anything live so items need to be collected or a meet-up arranged......... some items are already spoken for as they are on various longstanding wants lists.
    Photo list and details of everything in there to follow later this morning for information only....... It will not be a list of what is available for sale......

15. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

somehow never looks as much when all laid out........... this was everything that I got yesterday plus 6 sticks for the size 9 rockets..... all from same source as the previous banger cartons etc that I first had a few weeks back....... a great way to finish off 2018 which already has been probably the best year yet for new finds going as far back as 1930's.......... there must still be loads more out there just waiting to be be discovered. Hope next year uncovers even more vintage pyro.

A Happy New Year to you all, stay safe , wishing you good luck and good health for 2019...............

Kevin

IMG_8308.JPG IMG_8311.JPG IMG_8312.JPG IMG_8313.JPG IMG_8314.JPG IMG_8315.JPG IMG_8316.JPG

Firefiend, Pyro Ed, Sparkler and 6 others like this.
  16. I need that six-pack! :D

17. What is the Benwell item, candle bundle?

18. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

size 16 POM POM MINE......... looks like a bundle of airbomb tubes........

19. TONYB

TONYB Supports UKFR

:cool: the whole lot
    IMG_8307.JPG

Firefiend and Fireworks Nick like this.