Best barrage pack

Discussion in 'Fireworks Forum Chat And Discussion' started by firework CJ, Jan 11, 2021.

?

What is the best barrage pack

1. Vivid asylum pack

11 vote(s)
    36.7%
  2. Primed Full house pack

11 vote(s)
    36.7%
  3. Celtic perfect ten

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. Celtic fantastic 9

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  5. Celtic 6 pack

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Skycrafter mob box

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Skycrafter heist pack

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Skycrafter supremacy pack

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Vivid pro f2 pack

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Sovereign wizard 12

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  11. Hallmark gem collecion

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. I know that this has been a bit of a topic so I was wondering what people thought.
    (I know that I probably don't have all of the barrage packs but these are the ones I could remember)

BarnOwl likes this.
  2. rhydal

rhydal Supports UKFR

How many people have fired all them and are in a position to make an informed decision I wonder?

Grind likes this.
  3. danielpyronutter

danielpyronutter Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

I've only fired the following;

Full house
    Wizard 12
    Celtic 6
    Gem Collection

All were good with full house being favourite closely followed by wizard 12, I would like to see asylum and perfect 10 next.

4. I have fired all except for the celtic fantastic 9, skycrafter supremacy, skycrafter mob box (although heist has those cakes in it) and the vivid pro f2

5. danielpyronutter

Ah yes, really want to fire tge supremacy also

6. It’s not the best Dan, imo

7. Really think they should be in price categories tbh, can’t expect celtic 6 to stand up to wizard 12 etc.

chris321, BarnOwl, Duskyfuse and 3 others like this.
  8. Skycrafter MOB is tiny 6x12 shot cakes. It’s not a fair comparison

9. Sub £50 £50-£70 £70-£90 £90-£110 £110 plus, website prices not rrp, as skycrafter is vastly inflated.

10. I just named barrage packs that I knew/have fired and imo some of the smaller packs like the celtic 6 pack is actually better than the hallmark gem collection.

Lazarus1258 likes this.
  11. danielpyronutter

Did u try it Pete?

12. Yes dan,
    Celtic 6 ? Better than gem ? Hmmmm I’ll figure that one eventually.

WR3_Pyro likes this.
  13. danielpyronutter

Oh man, I really liked the look of Supremacy, Gem is a great pack as is the Celtic pack but nowhere near being able to be compared due to the sizes of the packs.

Celtic 6 could be compared to the hallmark 6 pack and skycrafter mob pack.

Joe Ciabatti likes this.
  14. This was just my personal opinion and although the hallmark gem collection was nice, I just felt a bit underwhelmed which was why I don't have as much of a high opinion of it.

15. I think cost really does make a difference with these things, while I love the full house and gem collection. For the price of the mob box it really is a great little pack and hard to beat. I've not tried any of the celtic packs yet though.

Duskyfuse likes this.
  16. BarnOwl

BarnOwl Supports UKFR

This survey is a good idea, as increasingly barrage packs are clearly becoming big business as most of the major brands now have them. However I do agree the MOB, Celtic six etc while good for the smaller garden being F2, they cannot really compete or be compared to the larger F3 barrage packs on the list...
    So perhaps two lists separating them on this F2/F3 level at least?
    I know price also comes into it, but class may at least give a more accurate result, for which is at least top voted for smaller to larger gardens etc...
    plus we would also then get chance to vote twice....

TONYB, chris321 and danielpyronutter like this.
  17. Also sometimes its not about which pack is better but which is more suited to your display. for example I'm possibly planning a display in early June (if I can) and am looking at venues one of my venue choices would work well with Vivids asylum pack the other would be the hallmark gem collection. (all interspersed with blue and pink hong kongs leading to A blue or Pink dominated finale. but the venue will dictate which pack is "better."

danielpyronutter likes this.
  18. Not a fan of the hallmark 6, a bit weak imo.

danielpyronutter likes this.
  19. I wonder if many peoples opinions will change on which they prefer once they get chance to fire some of the vivid packs next year. I'm guessing for the majority the asylum pack arrived too late for this year's displays?

I think the pro cake box is one I'll have to try next year!

danielpyronutter and Duskyfuse like this.