Best Firework Ever

Discussion in 'Fireworks Forum Chat And Discussion' started by Fireworks Nick, Dec 4, 2020.

1. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

The best firework ever is a bit like the best footballer ever - impossible to judge, as times and styles change.

Possibly the only way to go is to name the one that had the greatest impact ‘at that time’. And IMO one of the greatest, if not THE greatest, was Cube’s PS1. (Or even Standard’s SIB no1; as it was probably the first of all single ignitions).

2. Saltpetre

Saltpetre Pro Firer/Crew

Hmmm my vote goes to the original Kimbolton Lake of Saphires

Kimbolton Fireworks and BarnOwl like this.
  3. BarnOwl

BarnOwl Supports UKFR

Yep would agree as my post earlier in thread. Although it would share that title with Molten Krypton.

Saltpetre, Lee boy and blackbat like this.
  4. BarnOwl

BarnOwl Supports UKFR

First Air bomb cake and actual cake that I ever fired first. Great label too.

25FC185B-1EEC-4FCB-927D-751F1FC62104.jpeg 605A3847-BCA2-45C0-8D61-FB700EB8A8DF.jpeg

5. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

Anybody remember “Mango Grove Song”, “Purple Tree”, “Colourful Doves” , “Hong Kong at Night” ?

I loved the old Chinese names (pre Golden Lion’s off the wall stuff).

Orbit Fireworks likes this.
  6. BarnOwl

BarnOwl Supports UKFR

was that the Fireworks International piece Colourful Doves? - nice label on that one.
    I remember Coconut grove song, but not Mango grove song...

7. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

Sorry, it was coconut not mango. (East Meets West was another curious name from Vulcan).

Colourful Doves was an early FI piece, with the same style artwork as Galactic Invader.

8. danielpyronutter

danielpyronutter Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

I had the coconut grove song but sold it to someone on here, let me find a pic.

9. danielpyronutter

danielpyronutter Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

10. Pyromania

Pyromania Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Very early 19s 30mm cake that - reminds me of ‘Soaring Giant Eagles’ from the same era...:)

BarnOwl and danielpyronutter like this.
  11. The one that costs me the least....

however on pyro, I used to like epics 'screaming spiders' - the mk1 version. I still like 'super white strobe' and fire one whenever i can engineer an excuse or provide a substantial reason etc . my favourite changes quite a bit depending on what Im trying to achieve.

I do have an historic softspot though for the old Standard Fireworks ;traffic light' it was about 6d, a small fountain that basically became a roman candle with a red, yellow and green ball . its a childhood thing.

12. BarnOwl

BarnOwl Supports UKFR

yep reckon you may have...

13. BarnOwl

BarnOwl Supports UKFR

I presume you mean the Fireworks Intentional Soaring Eagles? Lovely piece was that ..

paul s likes this.
  14. Pyromania

Pyromania Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

No, this was an Essex Pyrotecnics import - initially Chinese factory labelled (possibly either Red Lantern or Temple of Heaven) then later labelled with their own Excelsior branding I believe. Can’t even remember the effect, just the name and the (initially/pre ‘Excelsior’) ‘low cost’ looking blue and white label!

Not to say that the Fireworks International piece wasn’t exactly the same firework though - I think most early imports came from the same few factories!

BarnOwl likes this.
  15. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

FI Soaring Eagles was a very good, golden palm like effect, but crap label. It was replaced by ever poorer 19 shotters .

BarnOwl likes this.
  16. BarnOwl

BarnOwl Supports UKFR

Yes it was, Jimmys Fireworks (Epic) used to sell them. One of the best 19 shot pieces around at that time.

paul s likes this.
  17. BarnOwl

BarnOwl Supports UKFR

Some more early imported Chinese labels.
    The FI Colourful Doves and its stablemate Silver Flying Fish. Plus the Brocks Tropical Storm (very loud). The Vulcan attack fighter was imported by Standard and renamed later as Haley’s Comet....
    670BB39B-61A2-40F0-98AD-04532147E03B.jpeg

18. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

Around the same time as Cyborgs (one of my all time favourite FI cakes), THB, Monkey Missiles, Tigers Revenge and Crazy Horses.....none of which would be out of place in today’s market.

BarnOwl likes this.
  19. Brocks Tropical Storm and Tornado were extremely loud!

20. Seeing all the veterans show all the amazing item I was to young to experience is upsetting lol :D

maxywell likes this.