Brocks International Box

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by elmo, Jun 10, 2019.

1. elmo

elmo Pro Firer/Crew

Hi guys,

can anyone date the below box and give me an approx value if the box is in as new condition and complete?
    thanks
    Fireworks  (1).jpg Fireworks 2.jpg

2. Sufjan1986

Sufjan1986 Supports UKFR

Dates from/to 1993-1994. Retail price back then was £4.99.
    In terms of contents I believe there are a couple of Roman Candles missing. There were originally 16 fireworks in that box as a pose to the 13 in your photo. However it wasn’t uncommon for a selection of items to be swapped for others that were available in the factory, being mostly of Chinese imports. I understand that items were manufactured in China, shipped and the contents picked & packed in the UK. I’m not sure of the lesser content, this could be correct. The box featured is the start of the ‘international range’ prior to this was the ‘Amazing’ range.
    I suppose the old adage comes into play here; someone will pay what they think it’s worth to them. But as an average £45-80 I would say (could be controversial to some) :)

Regards,
    Chris

standard steve and elmo like this.
  3. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

I've looked through the brochures I have for these..... in 93 first year they had them there are 16 fireworks showing, in 94 that is down to 14. I don't have the 95 one but in the 96 one the box is down to 13 fireworks. Looks like your box has a couple of older style blue touch paper in there which might put it as a 95 box ?
    Think price above is a bit on the high side....., I've had a few of this range and I would say half the above is more likely........ but there again someone may want one bad enough to pay a bit more......... sure someone on here will know for certain,
    Kevin

elmo and Sufjan1986 like this.
  4. IMG_3442.JPG Hope this helps. This is in the 1998 brochure ,£5.65 RRP. The 95 brochure does not show contents .

Sufjan1986, Peter Mackett and elmo like this.
  5. We used to sell many of these back in the day, and wholesaled out a lot as well. I'd guess they are really rare these days, must be worth a fortune :whistle:

Illusion Fireworks likes this.