Can anyone add to these.......... ?

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by Escht, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

It's that time of year again where I ask if anyone has anything that they can add to the banger collection, good money paid or happy to swap items. I have plenty of vintage pyro to choose from.
    Here's hoping in advance
    Kevin
    IMG_3795.JPG IMG_3796.JPG best bangers.jpg

paul 73, Firefiend, Damonfdk and 2 others like this.
  2. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

I guess that is a no then for another year.........

peteo87 likes this.
  3. TONYB

TONYB Supports UKFR

any luck yet

4. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

nothing apart from your contribution and the stuff I found myself over the months..............

5. simonrl

simonrl Supports UKFR

This doesn’t add anything to the thread, but wow, that’s an impressive line up Kevin!

6. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Thanks,..... it is a constantly growing collection....... think those photos were when it was at around 240, up to just over 300 now......... added a few this year already........ there are lots more to find yet.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  7. Richard Lane

Richard Lane Supports UKFR

Kev..do you have any ideas re about how many different types of bangers were produced between say 1946 and say 1980?
    There would be the main line makers..Brocks..Standard etc..to the other end Mersey..Harbotts etc...I would think it would be quite difficult to estimate...but there again if anyone could do,it should be yourself!!;)

8. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Absolutely no idea,............. looking at old price lists and cataloques it is fairly evident that I have plenty more to look for.......... then when you take in the variations on price, crimped and then plain end, different instructions etc. the list goes on......... I have been finding all sorts of variations in the Standard bangers, even though at first glance they look the same........... so far I have found 60 different just in Standard, there are a few 1930's ones that I don't have.
    I know there are big gaps in the collection from 1930's and the 1950's although I have a fair few examples from those periods.
    It means from time to time I should get lucky and find something..........
    I am not trying to find everything, impossible task... just when something turns up an example goes into my collection.

Firefiend likes this.
  9. Richard Lane

Absolutely great endeavour chap..it's the fact that you'll never know where it ends that adds to the persuit!!..any news bits I get in the banger dept will be sent over..for scrutiny and swaps...!:);)

10. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Much appreciated

11. Richard Lane

12. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

A huge thank you to Martin a.k.a. Firefiend who today helped me add 20 new banger types to my collection and an upgrade to one already in the collection. Enjoyed my visit this morning and much appreciate the gesture of making these rare items available to add into my ever expanding banger collection........ all I've got to do now is re-arrange everything to be able to fit these latest additions into the display case.
    IMG_6976.JPG

13. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Just spent couple of hours banger shuffling to allow for all the new additions......... still quite a bit of room left in this case........ even more once I find a single example of the striped Banger in the blister pack. Display case is a decent size at 48" x 24"....... now most of the Standard blister packs are out of there and the shelf used for bangers the collection looks a lot smaller.............. 313 bangers plus 6 thunderflash bangers from WW2 era
    IMG_6980.JPG IMG_6977.JPG IMG_6978.JPG

14. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Nice addition to the Lion section of the collection......... the Green Thunderbolt banger
    20180430_170051.jpg

15. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Picked up a couple of other boxes on Sunday, part box has provided an upgrade to the one already in the collection.
    S1330012.JPG S1330009.JPG

16. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Two more for the collection, both Wilders priced at 1 1/2d...........
    IMG_7215.JPG

17. those are a nice pair .

18. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Yes they are indeed.......
    some deals can be set up and completed in a few days, some can take months, even years............lol;)

19. even decades !

20. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

only in your case...........:p

Richard Lane likes this.