Chinese systems

Discussion in 'Firing Systems And Fusing Fireworks' started by Michael96, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Michael96

Michael96 Supports UKFR

I use a Chinese system for the past 2 years. I got it of eBay but I've been having issues wheres when pressing the button to set of the cue it sometimes doesn't light the firework but the ignitor fire would anyone know what would be causing this

2. Charlie

Charlie Pro Firer/Crew

If I get you correctly above, your saying the ignitor fires but the firework doesn't go off sometimes. If this is the case, it's got nothing to do with the firing system, rather the connection between the ignitor and the fuse or the condition of the fuse/firework itself. On the ones that don't light, does the fuse burn? What types of ignitors are you using? In what conditions are the fireworks kept and have they ever got wet and then dried out?

3. blackbat

blackbat Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

What sort of igniters are you using and how are you connecting them to the firework fuses? If the igniter is firing but not lighting the firework it sounds as if you need to improve how you are fusing things. If you can locate quick match on the side of the firework and insert the igniter directly into it then it should be pretty reliable. If you are trying to light a visco fuse directly from the igniter then it can be more tricky to get things working, although there are some igniters, both talon type and traditional, that are designed to be used with visco.

4. Michael96

Michael96 Supports UKFR

i use talons and e-matches also the fuse doesn't seem to burn ive had a couple e-maches burn but you usually see when they go off. the ones that have gone off and failed i didnt see any flash

5. Michael96

Michael96 Supports UKFR

i use talons and e-matches i also connect them straight to the fuse ive looked into using the e-matches straight into the firework itself but never done it myself. ive seen someone on here that sold brass awl but not sure if they do still sell them. if they do ill look into getting one of them as id be able to insert the ignitor straight into the old fuse port.

6. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete Forum Editor

If this is a problem with talons then your system probably isn't compatible with them. They need a longer pulse to make the wire glow long enough to burn through the fuse. Otherwise they just singe the outer protective cover. One good clue this is the case is you can fire them a few times (in each case, they don't burn long enough either to light the fuse, or to break the circuit - hope that makes sense).

RCT likes this.
  7. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete Forum Editor

8. Michael96

Michael96 Supports UKFR

The light on the system stays lit for a about 5 seconds or if I keep holding then the light will stay lit so I think maybe I let go to early? I'll have to give it a go on bonfire night

9. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete Forum Editor

If it outputs a long pulse like this then it should work with Talons. So from there, you'd be looking at whether you are using them correctly (clip over the fuse, never slide the fuse up into the hole in the Talon), whether the fuse is damp or damaged and the state of the batteries. Other than that, unsure, as I've had 100% success with Talons on the cheapest Chinese system out there, the DB04r.

I would suggest you to buy some Talons, some visco and experiment well before Bonfire Night.

What is the system?

10. Michael96

Michael96 Supports UKFR

this is the one i got sorry for the big image lol
    [​IMG]

11. Michael I use the same system for home displays and have never had any problems. I tend to insert e-matches directly into tubes however sometimes attach to visco fuse too. When attaching an ematch to visco fuse i cut the end of the fuse diagonally to remove the wax dipped tip and this also exposes the inner black powder. If you hold the fuse against an unshrouded ematch and then pull the shroud back over the head whilst supporting the fuse it should create a very tight friction fit. It would not hurt to then tape the connection if you wished to do so.

RCT and Owen93 like this.
  12. Michael96

Michael96 Supports UKFR

that may be the issue then i never cut or mess with the fuse i just insert it and pull the cap back over the end of the e-match ill have to give that a go and see

RCT and Duskyfuse like this.
  13. Michael96

Michael96 Supports UKFR

anyone know who was selling the brass awls and if they do still sell them. or knows of anywhere else to get them from thanks

14. Michael96

Michael96 Supports UKFR

i dont think he still sells them as he aint been active since January do you know anywhere you can get them from?

15. chris 1953

chris 1953 Supports UKFR

drop him a pm

16. Michael96

Michael96 Supports UKFR

ok will do thanks

17. RCT

RCT Supports UKFR

@Michael96
    E bay 6mm brass rod 300mm cut in half gives you x 2 .
    E bay 2 x Wooden filing handles.
    File/Grind point to the poke end of the brass rod.
    Can make x 2 for less than £15.
    PS Mouses posh awls are very nice and hand crafted , but if you don’t get a response very easy and cheap to make your own.
    @K9Girl did a really good post on e matching fireworks, water proofing and how to make a brass awl .Definitely worth a read !

18. Michael96

Michael96 Supports UKFR

i would make my own but i dont have the correct tools todo so what would be best to file/grind the brass rods?

edit ive just messaged someone on ebay to see if its possible for them to add a point to the rods before purchasing them ;)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
  19. K9Girl

K9Girl Tinsel Town Sales Reduction Ambassador Supports UKFR

The people I ordered from on eBay made mine to a point :)