Firestormpyrotechnics Pro Firer/Crew

Looking to purchase another 10 x 18Ms if anyone is selling
    PM me please

2. black friday

hofnerite likes this.
  3. hofnerite

hofnerite UKFR Stash Photo 2018 Winner! Supports UKFR

Friday 23rd November.
    Hopefully they'll do the reduced shipping again which makes it very worth while.
    Still doesn't take the edge off that call from FedEx to pay for import duty though. :eek:

Jon likes this.
  4. B19_TLG

B19_TLG Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

So is it common for there to be Black Friday deals on cobra and presumably if dealing directly with cobra in the Us? None of our uk stockists are likely to do similar?

5. hofnerite

Last time I checked, Sonic couldn't match the offers direct from the US.
    Cobra also do a Spring sale in March if I remember correctly.

B19_TLG likes this.
  6. danielpyronutter

danielpyronutter Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Am looking to get a 36m so Friday 23rd Nov is black Friday yes?

hofnerite likes this.
  7. B19_TLG

Sure is. Scott at Cobra confirmed with me that they’ll be running Black Friday deals that day. IF you mail him he’ll add you to the email alert list.

Cheers
    Tom

8. elmo

elmo Pro Firer/Crew

[​IMG]
    Dear COBRA Customers!
    We are excited to announce our Black Friday Sale is returning! This sale will take place on Friday, November 23rd from midnight to midnight. This is our biggest sale of the year, boasting fixed price discounts up to $125 each, on core equipment including our 18R2, 18M, 36M, 72M and Audio Box. In addition, you can enjoy 10% discounts on all accessories, replacement parts and our Talon and MJG Igniters.

In addition to the savings above, for the first time ever, we are having a new customer portion of this sale. We are offering a FREE 18R with the purchase of an 18M for $299! To receive this discount, be sure to purchase the 18M with 18R package. If you, or anyone you know, has been waiting for the right time to jump into COBRA, this is it! The entry price has never been cheaper. This promotion is limited to new customers only, as well as one package per customer.

Please find a listing of discounts below. The sale will begin at 12AM EST on Friday, November 23nd and end at 12AM EST on Saturday, November 24th. If you have any questions, please contact Scott Smith at ssmith@cobrafiringsystems.com or 518-222-7410.

We anticipate that we will might out of stock and begin pre-orders on the Audio Box, 36M, and 72M. We will keep the site up to date throughout the sale and add an alert when pre orders begin. We expect any pre-ordered items to start shipping the week of Decemeber 17th.

As always, we appreciate your support and are happy to extend these amazing discounts for this one day event.

Scott Smith
    CEO
    COBRA Firing Systems
    [​IMG]

Reg. Price
    On Sale!

18R2 Pro Remote
    $349.99
    $299.99 (save $50)
    18M with Onboard Cues
    $299.99
    $249.99 (save $50)
    18M with 18S Slats
    $389.99
    $339.99 (save $50)
    36M with Onboard Cues
    $659.99
    $589.99 (save $70)
    36M with 18S Slats
    $629.99 $559.99 (save $70)
    36M with 36S Slats
    $599.99
    $529.99 (save $70)
    72M with Onboard Cues
    $999.99
    $874.99 (save $125)
    72M with 18S Slats

$969.99
    $844.99 (save $125)
    72M with 36S Slats

$929.99 $804.99 (save $125)
    Audio Box
    $349.99
    $299.99 (save $50)
    Control Panel
    $199.99
    $149.99 (save $50)
    18M & 18R*
    $499.99 $299.99 (save $200)
    Accessories
    10% Off

Replacement Parts
    10% Off

Talons and MJG Igniters
    10% Off

CLUB COBRA discount codes and discounts on our recharge upgrade kits will not apply during the duration of this promotion. Note that discounts on core equipment are greater than standard CLUB COBRA discounts.
    *Free 18R with purchase of 18M is limited to new customers only and limited to one per customer.

9. Daveandkate

Daveandkate Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Let's see how many people take that offer

10. B19_TLG

I certainly will. Toying with an 18r2 and an 18m and also the 18m with 18r. Seems like a good deal.

Anyone know what the going rate for customs clearance is these days?

11. SwissTony

SwissTony Pro Firer/Crew

Looking at 18r2 and 2x 18m (lipo and hard cases) same as above, how much to import?

12. hofnerite

I'll be getting a couple more 18Ms at least.

Prices go up in 2019 too so even more of an incentive to buy now.

13. Dodgey

Dodgey Pro Firer/Crew

3.7 % duty, plus vat at 20% , plus whatever the courier admin fee is. Usually about £10.

Did it last year.

hofnerite likes this.
  14. Jon

Jon Pro Firer/Crew

Cobra emailed me saying they are increasing all prices next year by 5%, so best buy now!!

15. Dodgey

Dodgey Pro Firer/Crew

Checked my invoice. I spent £1860 on my last order. Fedex charged be £32.40 in fees (that's duty and fedex fees, so a lot less than 3.7% duty). On top of that was just the vat (I say "just" as I'm vat reg so I get it back, £340 ish)

16. hofnerite

On my last £700 order, the 'extras' were as follows:
    duty.png

17. SwissTony

SwissTony Pro Firer/Crew

1x 18r2
    2x 18m with case and lipo upgrade (one with free r1)
    Total $1587 Inc shipping, vat, 3.7% duty and UK courier

£1236
    Easy Pyro is £1311.60 for the same, minus the free 18r.

18. hofnerite

o_O Are these Black Friday prices? Or do Easy Pyro heavily discount? o_O
    Last time I checked the Easy Pyro prices couldn't compete with the Cobra sale.

19. Daveandkate

Daveandkate Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Wouldn't it be cheaper if we sent the money to a reputable trust worthy person they put the order in that way although postage goes up slightly would be cheaper than all of us paying postage and customs on each package

20. hofnerite

Duty and VAT is based on the cost so wouldn't make any difference. Shipping cost me £30... so even if we could save on that £30 doing a bulk order, maybe get it down to £15, I'd still have to drive somewhere to collect it and back again.. probably saving a couple of quid at best.
    The other thing is if I buy it myself, I've got a record of purchase etc if I ever need support or repairs etc.

Good idea on paper but in reality...:canofworms:

elmo likes this.