Cosmic Fireworks

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by TONYB, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Nice that Joss. Are these the barrage packs that were made to be sold at half price? I recall seeing a lot of retailers selling these or similar for half price. Never got to try one, but there was a few varieties I recall

2. I don't think they were deliberately made to be sold at half price, but sone retailers did reduce them as I'd the case with many fireworks. The main purpose of these barrage boxes was the clear old stock. As such they were only around for one season, one the old stock was used up that was it.
    I'm aware of 5 different types, none of which appeared in the Cosmic brochures. Smallest upwards, Neutron Blitz, Proton Battery, Atomic Barrage and the biggest was H-Bomb Blaster. Then there was the Benstar one.

ashley_ng and paul s like this.
  3. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

Just beaten to it - They were 'made up from bits' when Cosmic were clearing out old stock.

Rainbow Storm was a good supermarket line - great value. (Benstar from Lidl or Aldi)

ashley_ng likes this.
  4. That makes sense given the mixed brand contents. Around the same time, I recall seeing a few shops with the older style versions of the Mars, Neptune etc selection boxes - which were mainly a mix of Golden Lion and Cosmic.

The Real Guy Fawkes likes this.
  5. Yes there were Cosmic Jupiter and Neptune boxes sold about the same time. These were original outer boxes from 03 filled with leftover stock dating from 99-05. They also made up some Cosmic Astra Amazing boxes and filled them with a similar mixture. All part of the stock clearance exercise. The Neptune boxes in particular had some very nice items in if you were lucky such as Thunder Flares candles and the original version of Dippy Goldfish.

6. Air Bomb King

Air Bomb King Lord Of Noise Supports UKFR

There's nothing Joss doesn't know about Cosmic :D

Have to say it looks a nice box that, bet some of those barrages would be mint if fired!

7. Was good fun tonight !!!

Attached Files:

8. I remember the hayleys comet being sold by lidl probably around 2001 for £15 and the rainbow storm which i think was a very quiet cake . Both good

9. Tiltman

Tiltman Supports UKFR

Found a Galactic Storm, Jitter Bugs and a Devils Delight fountain today that I'd forgotten I had.

10. Elite ;););)

Attached Files:

11. Tiltman

Tiltman Supports UKFR

Just in case anyone fancied some recent nostalgia I fired a couple of Golden Lion cakes this week. Apologies for the odd angle of the Blossoming Garden. Lovely little cake I thought and both were really pokey.

12. Air Bomb King

Air Bomb King Lord Of Noise Supports UKFR

Nice @Tiltman have got a Blossoming Garden myself ... had wondered what they were like. Will most probably fire mine soon.

13. DSC_0010.JPG DSC_0011.JPG DSC_0006.JPG DSC_0007.JPG
    Got these amusingly named beauties a few months back.

14. DSC_0031.JPG DSC_0032.JPG DSC_0033.JPG DSC_0034.JPG
    I posted a picture of this 1999 Explorer box a few months ago but it was dark and poor quality. Had the box out again the other day and have a better camera phone now so I thought I'd add better quality photos to the "Cosmic library".
    Also have this 1998 Voyager which I got empty and have been steadily filling as I get hold of suitable contents. It's huge!
    DSC_0035.JPG DSC_0036.JPG DSC_0037.JPG DSC_0038.JPG

15. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

Two Hump Camel had a fusing fault. The run time was down to little more than 12 seconds or so.
    When 1.3 was being sold off by Cosmic they labelled it as a finale firework, due to the fast fusing. It would have been very nice if you could only see it without blinking.

TONYB likes this.
  16. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

Joss, I see a Crackling Clusters in there. Many years ago when I started out doing garden displays these were a brilliant way of providing a very low cost, effective finale; we were easily pleased in those days.

The early versions put out a huge fire rate of crackling comets that reached a good height. A couple together certainly lit up the garden. :cool:

(Crackling Inferno is a very lively fountain and Dippy Goldfish was a very early forerunner to today's lava fountains..............but, Mega airbomb was without doubt the loudest on the market - Proton Bomb didn't match it.)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  17. Hi Paul,
    Yes I have fired both the two hump camel before and also crackling clusters. Two hump camel was very fast as you say! There is a video on YouTube somewhere. Crackle clusters is certainly a good firework. The were actually 3 versions, the early stumpy looking 42 shot one which appeared around 1999, followed by a trianglular 100 shot version with a stripy label in 2001/2 (there's actually one right in the corner of one of the box photos leant up against the wall) and finally another 100 shot version with a pink label in 2003. The smaller three tube Asteriod and Meteorite candles that came in smaller boxes were also a nice crackle effect.

18. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

That's the badger. :cool:

(I spot Quartet; another very good, early fountain. And ICE rockets - £2 each!)

19. Top right of the first photo above, I'll try and get a better photo. It's part of a Universe/Explorer box.

20. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew

Empress' Golden Honey Pot!!! ooh err

pyromatt1987 likes this.