Cosmic Fireworks

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by TONYB, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew

Johnny Edward Ludick likes this.
  2. They are made by Comet

3. Cosmic did import and sell Weco rockets too but they are usually marked as being from Weco,Astra,in it's last days as a British company also sold Comet rockets in packs of three,i think i had every one of them one year.

4. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew

They chose wisely on their imports. Most, though not all, German rockets were great performers. Not tried any since the early 2000's but we used four in the Semi-Pro Champs held by MLE back in 2002. Two Kamuro, multiple bursts, blue with spinners to reports and one Dream Stars which had a dodgy motor and convinced us we'd lost after it blew up 20ft about our heads. It sent falling leaf fuse cascading all over MLE's closing show site prompting his crew to grab extinguishers and attempt to put hundreds of fizzling silver fuses out. A futile act but at least they looked willing. I was gutted and my firing partner refused to talk to me until the competition was over. Then we won! God knows how but we certainly had a beer or twelve afterwards!

5. Jamie Thornton

Jamie Thornton Supports UKFR

Didn't rate those large weco rockets much in the early 00s, I had a few of them around the time and for twenty quid a pop didn't impress me much at all, the burst was somewhat disappointing, those German Moog series rockets in the 90s on the other hand were much better, they had quite big bursts and nice effects but I think it was the same regulations in 1997 which saw their demise as sadly shells mini rockets and bangers.

6. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew

Yep. Moog did some impressive stuff. Feistel used their effect units in their Vampire single shot candles.

Attached Files:

7. TONYB

TONYB Supports UKFR

heres two weco rockets cosmic imported
    WP_20151020_017.jpg WP_20151020_019.jpg

8. Jamie Thornton

Now theres another beauty, the Fiestal vampire bomb:).

9. TONYB

TONYB Supports UKFR

and another
    IMG_9711.JPG

10. Firefiend

Firefiend Supports UKFR

Might be of interest to some before I get rid.
    Scan072.jpg Scan073.jpg Scan074.jpg

11. Jamie Thornton

Standard actually imported the weco rockets?.

TONYB and Firefiend like this.
  12. TONYB

TONYB Supports UKFR

and heres two of them
    WP_20151027_024.jpg WP_20151027_028.jpg

13. Sparkler

Sparkler Supports UKFR

And another

Attached Files:

TONYB likes this.
  14. Standard imported Lunig too

Firefiend likes this.
  15. elmo

elmo Pro Firer/Crew

16. TONYB

TONYB Supports UKFR

not yet another 20 years maybe ......especially a sealed case

elmo likes this.
  17. Jamie Thornton

I'm really surprised that standard imported these as early as 1996 as I thought they were a bit later 2000 onwards, I remember the Moog rockets in the 90s.

18. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew

I think these came in packs of 4. One was an air bomb two whistles (one hollow core for screech) the other effect I am not sure. Really brings memories back seeing those. Anyone got a full pack?

Johnny Edward Ludick and TONYB like this.
  19. I used to get those four packs of Feistel single shots every year,the Air Siren was unusual in the fact it fired a tail and the whistle ejected and spun downwards instead of the usual whistling on the way up,Feistel made some good fireworks,i still have two of their bigger rockets in my collection.