Cosmic Fireworks

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by TONYB, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Thanks Jay.
    A possibility, waiting on them to come back to me about what if anything they have tucked away in their storeroom...........
    Mentioned Captain Cosmic so thought might be interesting .

2. Great News! Pretty Sure captain cosmic started in 1994, there's a bit in that years brochure about it. Then went up to roughly 2006. Joss

3. BarnOwl

BarnOwl Supports UKFR

So guys/Joss - is this the first brochure and selection box versions to feature Captain Cosmic? 1996?..
    image1 CC (003).jpg image2 CC (002).jpg

4. BarnOwl

BarnOwl Supports UKFR

I ask because I have the '94 brochure and he's not in that. I don't have the '95 brochure though.

5. I have the 95 brochure but I'm away with work at the moment so will have to check next week.

6. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew

I loved Cosmic. They had some really great stuff. I always found their smaller and medium sized selection boxes to be rather crap mind. Couldn't fault their rockets or their cakes though. I reckon in the mid 90's they had some of the best rockets going. Some lovely single big fountains and no need to mention their Mega Airbombs. Wonderful days they were.

Peter Mackett likes this.
  7. And not forgetting the awesome Armageddon!, that was certainly loud!

BarnOwl and GTRpyro like this.
  8. Mystic Juggler

Mystic Juggler Supports UKFR

Hi i was going to put the attached image up to see if someone could put an age on it but i found a date on the back for 1994, so i said id stick it on here in case a cosmic collector might find it interesting. It has a few standard rockets thrown in as well. I cant have liked cosmic much as a kid as i kept the spent fireworks from the years before and after (standard) but not these !!. in fact until i saw this picture i didnt think we had any other brand!

Attached Files:

BarnOwl and Tinderbox like this.
  9. Interesting photo. Definitely looks like 93/94. Some Red Lantern items in there. Looks to be a Neptune box at a guess?

10. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew

I'm way more interested in those Standard Mercury Skyrockets but as this is a Cosmic thread I'll not mention those Standard Mercury Skyrockets.

GTRpyro and standard steve like this.
  11. BarnOwl

BarnOwl Supports UKFR

I like the Discovery 50 shot star burst. what year did they start producing these?

12. BarnOwl

BarnOwl Supports UKFR

..and here is said bad boy image1 (003) Armaggedon 1.jpg image2 (002) Armaggedon 2.jpg

13. Nah, Armageddon? Gotta be a girl......:p

BarnOwl likes this.
  14. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew

Is that not a Chinese Standard import?

15. Definitely Cosmic as I have one in my collection along with the yellow Columbia version.

16. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew

Ah. I can recall seeing them in an old brochure. Mid 90's?

17. I think 94-98.

18. BarnOwl

BarnOwl Supports UKFR

Thanks for the info JayT. I notice in the '94 brochure they are the different to the picture above and named as C076 Discovery Red, white and blue star burst. So what would be recognised as being the first ever cake/multi shot barrage?

19. The first ever cake i bought was the Esco "News Transmitter" which ejected whistles, this was the first multi-shot barrage i ever came across.

BarnOwl likes this.