DISPLAY BOXES..........

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by Escht, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

These all came from a wholesalers shop that had a habit of cutting lid off boxes, gluing in live fireworks, covering lid with plastic sheet and using finished item as display items in his shop. Many still have the original selling price in place.
    Some of the Astra boxes even had extra items added into the boxes............

IMG_8585.JPG IMG_8586.JPG IMG_8587.JPG IMG_8588.JPG IMG_8589.JPG IMG_8590.JPG IMG_8591.JPG IMG_8592.JPG IMG_8593.JPG IMG_8595.JPG IMG_8596.JPG IMG_8597.JPG IMG_8598.JPG IMG_8599.JPG IMG_8600.JPG IMG_8601.JPG IMG_8602.JPG IMG_8603.JPG IMG_8604.JPG IMG_8610.JPG IMG_8611.JPG IMG_8612.JPG

2. dreadful !

3. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

somebody will love them for what they are........... a new outer box and sat in a cabinet they will look fine......... not everyone wants to take their fireworks out and caress them.......... and they will be cheaper than holding out for minty mint examples............ but I agree, I wish someone had taken his gluepot away at the time, or at least used something that can be cleaned off........ reckon this stuff would have held the Titanic together.......... even after hitting that iceberg.

4. yes I agree , minty mint ones are getting very expensive , I also don't like holding out , and caressing them . lol.
    ( especially if theres glue involved ).

5. Pyro Ed

Pyro Ed Pro Firer/Crew

Shame as above, doesn't stop me wanting EVERYTHING lol.

standard steve likes this.
  6. Richard Lane

Richard Lane Supports UKFR

Lovely stuff chap..you are busy!!
    I think there's going to be a surge of 50's and 60's stuff quite soon....because of the age group who relate to them are become ..shall I say ..a little frail now!!

7. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Here are the first 2 boxes that I've managed to find exact replacement boxes for.
    Family Pack size 25 before IMG_8600.JPG

and after

IMG_8670.JPG IMG_8671.JPG

same again with the size 20 pack
    before
    IMG_8599.JPG

and after

IMG_8668.JPG IMG_8669.JPG

8. Pyro Ed

Pyro Ed Pro Firer/Crew

Much better!!

9. Try again on the size 20 Kev. Pre BS contents in a BS box - I’ve got an anorak and I’m not afraid to use it.

10. Pyro Ed

Pyro Ed Pro Firer/Crew

I wondered that, but its still much better than in the old box.

11. I have several empty Standard boxes with the used fireworks in them, wish they were still live!

12. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

I could lie and say I was just testing you all, but I got it wrong, was going on matching the outside of the remains of the box with the one I had....... I've checked and I don't have the correct box but at least it shows what these can look like if anyone has an empty box..........

13. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Better bring it with you on Monday, I might need to borrow it................ no idea how I missed that.......... pretty obvious now you've pointed it out..........

Whizzbang likes this.
  14. What size codes are the Astra boxes?