dog attack

Discussion in 'Fireworks Forum Chat And Discussion' started by chris 1953, Jan 17, 2021.

1. chris 1953

chris 1953 Supports UKFR

Burnley family thank public for messages of support after their cherished pet cow mauled to death in horrific dog attack
    burnley express

2. danielpyronutter

danielpyronutter Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

That's it, we must ban dogs!

3. danielpyronutter

danielpyronutter Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Except for mine ;)

4. any link ?

5. chris 1953

chris 1953 Supports UKFR

6. Sadly pets are above livestock so read on. Now the dog lovers paradise now who let that rocket off at 9pm lynch them

7. Reading the comments there is a petition to keep all dogs on leads. Il happily sign that as only yesterday enjoying a cold walk in the snow I was jumped at by an untrained dog, owners coming over laughing sorry. I bet they'd feel the same if I lit a dum bum as there dog bolted and I simply replied laughing sorry

8. thought I add the 25 shot in just incase

9. RocketRev

RocketRev Moderator Supports UKFR

I can see the article about the two Yorkshire Terriers killed by another dog in a park in Gorton (Manchester, UK), but where's the news of the lady killed?
    The lead link in that search page was of an attack in Australia in 2019 in which both people attacked survived.

Rookwood likes this.
  10. Ive worked in that part of the world (Gorton) - its like the land that time forgot, if anyone wishes to relive the dark ages just visit Gorton.
    There is a local habit of training dogs to hold their bite by tying sticks into trees and getting the dog to hang on to it. some nice, decent, honest people live there, but there are also some oxygen thieves.

11. 25 year old woman in Birmingham Saturday 6th February

12. RocketRev

RocketRev Moderator Supports UKFR

Thanks @Richard Lane
    A terrible tragedy.
    The reports say the dog was a rescue dog taken in by the woman. A dog that bites the hand that feeds it, as it were. We don't know why it attacked, but that it did so with such devastating consequences is heartrendingly sad. May it yet be a salutary tale.

13. rhydal

rhydal Supports UKFR

Cows are not peaceful creatures as I found out in no uncertain terms when I was mobbed by them crossing the Newport flats with my dog(on a lead) some years ago.
    There are many accounts of tramplings not just by bulls but by herds.

Here's a stark warning.....

Farmers' union warns walkers after cows trample man to death | Rural affairs | The Guardian

14. chris 1953

chris 1953 Supports UKFR

I though most people new not to go in to a field where cows have there calfs with them,,