Early Bright Star

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by TONYB, Aug 24, 2014.

1. The silver mine is really early, maybe 93/94. Their first items in 92 were from Wigan. Never seen any though

2. danielpyronutter

danielpyronutter Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

I just fired a new stargazer rocket from aerial attack box. It was poop lol.

3. Air Bomb King

Air Bomb King Lord Of Noise Supports UKFR

4. Air Bomb King

Mainly early 2000's stuff ... with a bit of 90's.

20171023_161831.jpg 20171023_144828.jpg 20171022_160036.jpg 20170926_183508.jpg 20171023_162528.jpg 20171023_162657.jpg 20171023_162919.jpg 20171023_164003.jpg BRIGHT STAR Air-Bomb.JPG BRIGHT STAR Sky Blitz Barrage older version.JPG BRIGHT STAR rockets various loose.JPG BRIGHT STAR Mega Star rocket.JPG BRIGHT STAR loose rockets various.JPG

5. kamikersie

kamikersie Supports UKFR

I would love to try firing an air bomb :(

6. Air Bomb King

You forget how loud they are when you haven't heard them in years! Videos just don't do them justice

Gazfire1983 likes this.
  7. kamikersie

kamikersie Supports UKFR

Ive never fired one that i can remember..... before my time

8. They used to be EVERYWHERE in the 90s. I used to pick up boxes full of spent ones going round on my bike as a kid. Ah memories!

Gazfire1983 and pyro_man like this.
  9. Air Bomb King

Was pretty much the same story in the early 2000's Joss, all the newsagents/small convenience stores where I lived used to stock them.

@kamikersie - I was only 9 in the final year they were on sale (2003) ... didn't stop me and my mates though ;) LOL!

The Real Guy Fawkes likes this.
  10. Air Bomb King

11. I used to buy every size of air bomb there was!,from single shot to the Standard Batteries of 6,9 and 12 shots,if it made a noise i bought it!,i still have a few old Bright Star rockets too including the Hellraiser you can see in one of the pictures above,that was a pure salute rocket.

12. I remember buying the proton bombs for £3 a pack along with the orange air bombs and bazookas for 99p a pack. It must have been 2002 because I was 18 so I could legally buy them for the first time. I remember getting the black ones when I was at school. They were loud. Especially the proton bombs. No silly effects, just very loud bangs. No the wonder the kids loved them. Very cheap and very loud.

Air Bomb King likes this.
  13. The proton bombs were louder. Unbelievable

14. I remember finding the standard air bombs when I was a kid in the early 90's. They were very loud. I remember the big boys setting them off hahaha

15. Air Bomb King

Yeah its just not the same anymore :( The black ones were really loud but having fired both recently I'd say the orange ones were even louder! Proton Bombs were amazing ... there were the black ones called 'Stealth Bomber' too ... I can't remember for sure but I've heard those were even louder than the Protons.

16. These bangers were my first ever firework purchase, along with some whistling airbomb rockets. My mates uncle went in the shop for us. Think we were about 12

17. I can remember the orange ones being loud. I remember the black ones being made smaller than they were previous years.

18. Thunder Kings from Paramount fireworks are as loud as an old skool airbomb. Available from Epic fireworks. The echo bomb rockets from the same company are probably louder than proton bombs but they go a lot higher.

19. Air Bomb King

Having fired both in recent times I'd have to disagree on both counts. Thunder King wasn't that impressive to me to be honest, same story with Echo Bomb ... sure they were loud by today's standards (although I'm sure there is louder stuff on the market) however its very easy to forget and underestimate how loud the old air bombs and Protons were if you haven't heard them in years.