1. mike hadley

mike hadley Pro Firer/Crew

Was just looking at some more current videos of celtic's ello ello (absolute beast of a cake )and they seem to have changed the red ghost lace effect seen in the China production videos to a dragon eggs
    / time rain

My question is was any of the original effect ever produced and imported or was it changed before it was manufactured for certain reasons

My purchase was based on that effect to go in the middle of a pair glittering ghosts
    (Think might have to change to frogs in a blender now for centre piece)

2. Mog

Mog

Snap. I bought it 2 years ago based on the video of the pink ghost effect. I haven't fired mine yet but thought I was going mad after watching recent videos of it to try and get timings and realised it's totally different to the original video.

3. mike hadley

mike hadley Pro Firer/Crew

4. RCT

RCT Supports UKFR

Yes, original landed product, was definitely red ghost effect. Wayne, Saj and Mark were there. That video is landed footage. Also saw a separate video of landed product someone sent me. But yes now showing with bloody crackle.
    If this has changed yet another Celtic master piece totally ruined and F…..d up. This is was ? probably one of the best straight firing heavy weights, in my top 5 of all cakes ! Take out the red ghost and replace with crackle , doesn’t even make it into a list.
    @Celtic Fireworks why of why ?? Chameleon again could have been a Celtic classic, an absolute quality little cake, again one of the best, but no add some pointless shit crackle and completely ruin a masterpiece. I would have bought shit loads of these if they had no crackle !.
    And looking at the comments and reaction on here I’m guess I’m not the only one.

5. I wonder if going forward with the price hikes we'll be seeing a lot more crackle and other cheap effects to mitigate costs somewhat

6. RCT

RCT Supports UKFR

Very good point ,but :eek::eek::eek:
    I always preferred Ello Ello, but wasn’t voulez vous it’s sister cake, someone correct me if I’m wrong.
    I wonder if that has changed, or any others for that matter ?
    Fingers crossed, it’s just a production mistake and it will be back. Certainly a top class product (without the crackle)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021 at 6:42 AM