Every year essentials

Discussion in 'Fireworks Forum Chat And Discussion' started by Pidgey, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Seeing a few more members visiting the forum now which can only mean the season Is getting closer!
    After making the most of the early bird sales and missing out on some offers, iv been thinking of whats left to add to the stash.
    One item iv yet to add are bright star atom bombs, every year of doing a show iv had at least one pack in there and feel like its become a tradition of mine. I know theres better shot tubes out there now but nothing will replace them in my stashs

So my question Is who else has that firework they always buy even if theres better options?

Duskyfuse likes this.
  2. AngryAndyPandy

AngryAndyPandy Celtic Whore Supports UKFR

I always find myself buying Stinger from Bright Star. There are certainly better crossette cakes out there but Stinger was my first and you never forget your first...

Pidgey likes this.
  3. hofnerite

hofnerite UKFR Stash Photo 2018 Winner! Supports UKFR

I think the only firework that has been in all 5 of my school displays is Celtic's Chemical Romance. It's also my favourite firework of all time.

Pidgey likes this.
  4. TNT Purple People Eater, certainly better cakes out there but when you can buy 2 for like £8 and fire together no brainer, had 3 times now in my 5 years doing.

Pidgey likes this.
  5. I always have a Kimbolton Gold selection box for a quieter evening with the family when I'm not firing for friends and neighbors.

Sparkler, SilberWirbel and Pidgey like this.
  6. Primed Pulsar and Quasar Rockets as i love pattern effect rockets.

Pidgey likes this.
  7. deans6571

deans6571 Supports UKFR

I've been buying Sovereign's Wizard 12 Barrage pack for the past 2 to 3 years - awesome effects all in one box (well, kind of!!).
    :cool:

SilberWirbel and Pidgey like this.
  8. Pablos pyro

Pablos pyro Supports UKFR

For a quieter night, the krazy klock has always been in mine.

F21CA802-78E3-4069-BE70-EC19B005B6FB.png

Pidgey likes this.
  9. scoops

scoops Pro Firer/Crew

I can't say I have an "essential" piece of pyro but I do have a go to brand and that's Celtic. Fired so much of the stuff and rarely has it let me down...

Pidgey, AngryAndyPandy and hofnerite like this.
  10. RCT

RCT Supports UKFR

There’s probably 10 I always use.
    But if I had to pick one “Jorge Elderado “

Pidgey likes this.
  11. Duskyfuse

Duskyfuse Supports UKFR

It has to be Celtic's Hong Kong candles and Brother's Angel Dust for me.

RCT, banger_brad and Pidgey like this.
  12. danielpyronutter

danielpyronutter Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Primed Sky Breaker is a piece I've used every year since it came out, great firework.

RCT, banger_brad and Pidgey like this.
  13. Angel dust and maze runner since its been available for me

Pidgey likes this.
  14. I'm afraid my every year essentials ended in 2004.

Sparkler, Pidgey and SilberWirbel like this.
  15. Psammead

Psammead Supports UKFR

The height especially! For me though it has to be Stealth Rising, such a high quality effect and really classy.

16. Used to be Kimbolton Mexican wave and Celtic Hong Kong Candles but would now have to be swapped for Brothers Angel Dust and Celtic Hong Kong Candles!

Pidgey and Duskyfuse like this.
  17. hofnerite

hofnerite UKFR Stash Photo 2018 Winner! Supports UKFR

Angel Dust is more consistent that Mexican Wave - although it's a great little cake.
    I'd rather Shanghais than HK candles (I assume that's what you meant?) HKs fire far too fast and the ones I've had (at least 30) have been a bit inconsistent with heights. It's the only Celtic product that I have not been 100% happy with if I'm going to be honest.

JamesTPG likes this.
  18. It surprises me that there isnt more single effect 8/10 shot candles out there, iv never fired any hk so cant really judge them but from watching old videos of the shanghais they look better!

19. Ahh that's interesting, all the Hong Kong Candles I have had have been okay and have lasted around 25-30 seconds each. But as with any product I suppose some batches can always be faulty! And yes Angel Dust is much more consistent than Mexican wave, the only reason I preferred Mexican wave was that there were more traditional mines without all having the glitter effects and they had lots of different colours of mines which unless you buy single shot Kimbolton Mines or previously Sovereign etc they are hard to access.

Joe Ciabatti and hofnerite like this.