Everyone Remembers Their First

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by Firework Art, Jun 1, 2013.

1. TONYB

TONYB Supports UKFR

i remember my first memories of fireworks was some handheld fountains probably from an astra/brocks selection box.... then i soon progressed onto bangers etc ....where i used to give my dads cigarettes away to the teenagers in exchange for them to go into a chosen shop and buy my bangers jumping jacks for me as i was to young .......you had to be twelve or thirteen back then i cant remember exact age......my favourite selection box was a small brocks box containing a jumping jack and a flyer which was later replaced by a little whistle missile..... then progressed onto the standard pick and mix batteries /airbombs repeaters /larger rockets (chain of stars) then a few years later i found i could buy shells from the right shops

2. ianw

ianw Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

French bangers brought back on an airplane

Blue devil likes this.
  3. elmo

elmo Pro Firer/Crew

Finishing a small garden selection box display with a standard air bomb battery, in the largest size I could afford:love:
    Would love to own one of them now

blackbat likes this.
  4. TONYB

TONYB Supports UKFR

was that the red one with the yellow label

5. elmo

elmo Pro Firer/Crew

That’s the fella, three tubes attached to a small wooden spike, white quick match linking the tubes:)

TONYB likes this.
  6. scoops

scoops Pro Firer/Crew

Can't remember my first firing but rember my first dismantling of a rocket when I was about 7 and then managing to light the motor with my dad's lighter:eek::dog:

7. elmo

elmo Pro Firer/Crew

Indoors???????:rolleyes:

8. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

IMG_0918.JPG

9. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

also came in size 9 and size 15
    IMG_0920.JPG IMG_0913.JPG

10. fozzboy

fozzboy Supports UKFR

11. My first stand out firework that I went a bit crazy about seeing in a selection box or a blister pack (which was a birthday gift one year to my amazement) was Standard’s Super Aero Bang! I bloody loved these and thought, woweee!!!! I was infatuated with fireworks from then on and probably always will be for the rest of my life!

Does anyone know which selection boxes they came in?? Has anyone got any for sale even!?

4C24C6E9-CF12-4FE4-99FB-0ED32B94EB77.jpeg

Peter Mackett, geoff and TONYB like this.
  12. scoops

scoops Pro Firer/Crew

No, mum sent me out to the kerb side to play:D

elmo likes this.
  13. elmo

elmo Pro Firer/Crew

14. TONYB

TONYB Supports UKFR

im pretty sure kev would have sold these already a few years back ...they get snapped up quickly when available

15. that's what ive heard !

16. Richard Lane

Richard Lane Supports UKFR

I agree Steve..knowing Kev I'm sure he would have sold them on using his tried and tested method of fair distribution to everyone.....

17. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

you're only 5 yrs too late, they were all in a clearance I did back in Sept 2013........... but I do have quite a good database of items.........

18. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Until such time as I win the lottery I will be unable to keep everything I find, much as I would love to...........

19. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Don't have any at the moment but if I find anymore I will let you know......... there will be some out there somewhere just waiting to be discovered.......

elmo likes this.