Everyone Remembers Their First

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by Firework Art, Jun 1, 2013.

1. geoff

geoff Supports UKFR

The Standard Battery’s Air Bomb.Screecher and Star shell were superb Fireworks and I fired a large number back in the day. Love the nostalger.

Peter Mackett likes this.
  2. I had every size of these every year from the single shots to the size 15 12 shots, in fact i used to buy nearly the entire Standard range!

3. I still have a size 12 Screecher Battery and there can't be many of them left now.

4. elmo

elmo Pro Firer/Crew

What an amazing noise they created too!!

Peter Mackett likes this.
  5. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

6. These are the ones I would like for the collection sometime I’ve got on the wants list.

7. My first memory of fireworks is from when I was 4-5 in 86/87 I don't have many memories from that age but I remember this. My grandfather brought some fireworks to our house that he had made. A fountain I think and a banger. we set them off in a wooded area next to the garden,The banger was triangular in shape with a tube fuse and of brown paper. Allot later in life when I got into making fireworks myself he taught me how to make them, using the old brown box tape.
    My next experience was at a similar age, apparently I didn't like them! How that changed! My uncle would put on a display using display fireworks, I don't know where he got them, but for a long time after I had a spent rocket from a show he did. It was a blue plastic moulding that incorporated the motor and head Base. No idea of the brand, any ideas?
    I don't think we had shop brought fireworks until I was 11-12 which was a standard size C selection box. We occasionly got fireworks from a friend in the industry in between then.

8. elmo

elmo Pro Firer/Crew

9. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

First memory of fireworks......... 1961 and we had a few small items in the garden, I had just started Primary School and by Christmas we were posted out to RAF Germany....... the RAF always went overboard with the fireworks and always had a large bonfire with guy..... we came back to Uk in 1966 which is when I have my first recollections of owning my own fireworks, bangers of course, Astra or Standard as that was all we could buy in Binbrook village at the time....... bangers were still sold out of stockboxes that first year, then to my utter dismay the following year they brought out the blister packs which meant the days of buying just one or two treasured items were gone...... as a kid who didn't get pocket money fireworks always seemed very expensive so Penny for the guy was an absolute neccessity every year...... one good thing about living on a RAF base was there were always loads of young RAF lads who would happily chuck money into the hat.... we always had best position outside the NAAFI Store....... I was of the age group that I was always just ahead of any age restrictions on buying fireworks but remember each year worrying if they would make a big leap in the required age........not that it would have stopped us, always ways around such things......... I thought I had outgrown the banger thing back in the 1970's when I started working and could buy much bigger stuff....... but with a banger collection of around 340 different examples I guess I might not of outgrown them after all.......... :D

10. Did kevin mention his 340 banger collection again ! id almost forgotten . lol

fozzboy and pyro_man like this.
  11. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Talking of which.......... did anyone on here buy those Standard bangers that turned up on here last week ?

standard steve likes this.
  12. fozzboy

fozzboy Supports UKFR

Just found these .. Over the Moon... image.jpg

Jamie Thornton, Sufjan1986 and Escht like this.
  13. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Can you do a better picture out of the bags for us
    Cheers
    Kev

standard steve likes this.
  14. fozzboy

fozzboy Supports UKFR

C3640FC9-9CC2-48C5-B7F1-BA7EB52D84EC.jpeg F5328044-B112-48CC-B06F-5C27CE9F33DC.jpeg 726E0228-97D3-4DF6-9561-2D209061FD7D.jpeg F7296933-FCC1-4B7F-A909-605D56D02D04.jpeg C3640FC9-9CC2-48C5-B7F1-BA7EB52D84EC.jpeg
    Here you are

Pyro Ed and Peter Mackett like this.
  15. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Cheers for that,

16. elmo

elmo Pro Firer/Crew

Not jealous at all..............

fozzboy likes this.
  17. I was jealous of such finds of these type of items, but now I just think to myself patience is a virtue, its still out there, plus I’ve just got some very nice large loose standard items on their way to me some of which I’ve been after including a parachute floating light one of the last ones that were made in 1988 with the union flag logo, so very happy indeed.

fozzboy likes this.
  18. elmo

elmo Pro Firer/Crew

To me, any of the larger standard items such as these or any of that era are stunning and bring back good memories, any of the batteries, repeater candles and candle bouquets are just awesome

19. TONYB

TONYB Supports UKFR

heres some from the 80s
    IMG_4394.JPG

20. Anyone still got a Screamer Battery?, i've seen the other three on here but not that one.