Fallas 2020

Discussion in 'Las Fallas' started by blackbat, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Dodgey

Dodgey Pro Firer/Crew

Hired 2 of them. One for each foot

2. Madfish

Madfish Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Make sure you scrutinise the car when you collect - document any damage and get them to sign before you take the car away. They really dont like us not taking any extras like their insurance and will try and find ways to add charges after.

I bet you a pint it cost more than €2.68 ;)

elmo likes this.
  3. Dodgey

Dodgey Pro Firer/Crew

I've hired cars from Alicante for a few euros around 6 times now. Never paid a cent extra. I'm thorough. And the staff in Alicante usually lose interest once they know you are not buying insurance.

I've also hired cars in Italy repeatedly. Never had a problem other than the arguments when they try and sell you insurance.

It's all about having the hire car insurance (that's the £18 item I listed). First 4 or so trips to Valencia I didn't even take out any insurance and was fine.

4. The drive back to Alicante did us in last time,far too many sherberts the night before so this year we are going home from Val to Mcr via Dusseldorf.

Fireworks Shop likes this.
  5. won't forget that trip in a hurry, 2-day flight delay and you losing your wallet.

6. Madfish

Is it too early? :oops:

Booked :)
    STN-VLC 15th-20th
    Me & Anne, Samantha & John, Gary (Powderkeg) & Bev

Tim and elmo like this.
  7. elmo

elmo Pro Firer/Crew

Never too early mate pmsl
    How did prices compare? I looked last week and thought they were considerably more expensive?

8. Madfish

Including priority and booked seats, I've paid about £20 more than this year so not so bad

elmo likes this.
  9. gareth71

gareth71 Pro Firer/Crew

I'm definitely thinking of going out for the 22nd/23rd Feb next year - pretty cheap flights from Stansted already on sale, but Manchester flights not released beyond October so far. Going to keep an eye for the next batch to be released and see if I can pick up a bargain.

10. RocketRev

RocketRev Moderator Supports UKFR

Are there Manchester Flights direct to Valencia in February? There was a time when Manchester-Valencia direct only started around the school Easter holidays. Which is why I got used to flying from Gatwick instead for Las Fallas.

11. Madfish

I think the Manchester flights are quite seasonal - start late spring end late summer/early autumn. Plus they only fly a couple of days a week so chances of them being any use for Fallas is pretty much a no-go

12. elmo

elmo Pro Firer/Crew

Unless you go for the month......:rolleyes:

13. RocketRev

So nevermind 2020, I'll consider it for 2026 onwards instead. I'll be 68 by then and possibly retired. Vicars' standard retirement age is 68 these days, with a maximum extension to 70. I'll be 68 in 2025, but not until the summer.

14. RocketRev

EasyJet flights for March 2020 are now available. Booked mine - same as for 2019, Gatwick to Valencia on 14th, returning on 20th.

I'm taking the early morning (07:15) flight out. From the seating plan that came up with the booking, it looks as though EasyJet's put one of their new A321Neo's on the flight. 40 rows with 235 seats - an increase on the A320's EasyJet's used on the flight for the last 2 years. But then it is usually a sell out flight, so a prime candidate to put one of the new bigger aircraft on. As far as I can tell, EasyJet only got the A321Neo's this year. I'm on the usual evening flight back - the last of the 3 flights EasyJet has on the route on the 20th.